Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a little preview, this is one of the 4 major, albeit cosmetic, mods I hope to complete before the UKE West meeting in Alberta, Canada.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/canada/5974-uke-west-meet-up-didsbury-alberta-may-7th-2011-a.html

Come on out and join the party and see what else is happening to my car!

The first part of the video shows the new light on the left with the stock one on the right. There are LED bulbs installed in the stock housing rather than conventional bulbs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That looks awesome dude! I'm not gonna be able to get any new mods done before the meet but I have finally gotten the go-ahead from my wife to get the exhaust. I'm pretty stoked!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Where did you buy those?
I love them, but can't find a price that I can swallow.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks awesome man great find. Ever since I got this car and found this sight and started buying guns I can't decide what little leftover money I have at the end of the month on lol do I buy a gun or save another month and get something for the car lol

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
To bad only available for the sedan right now...I seen these last week and was like damn sedan only. Big E you going to mod inside light to be a brake as well?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
so sexy! this should come standard on fortes

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
wow.... they look awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I'm not a big LED fan, but they do look good. Apparently, according to KIA's website, 2011 SX Koups now come stock with LEDs, and they don't look all that bad. EXs still make do with the still nice jewel-style lamps.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To bad only available for the sedan right now...I seen these last week and was like damn sedan only. Big E you going to mod inside light to be a brake as well?
Not so easy as the stock lamps. As you can see from the video, the center part of the outer lamp lights when the brakes are applied, I can't tell if there is accommodation for LEDS in the center of the trunk light assembly. You'd probably have to bake the light apart to modify and I'm not about to do that with these new lights.:eek:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Not so easy as the stock lamps. As you can see from the video, the center part of the outer lamp lights when the brakes are applied, I can't tell if there is accommodation for LEDS in the center of the trunk light assembly. You'd probably have to bake the light apart to modify and I'm not about to do that with these new lights.:eek:
I only asked, cause if you notice on their ebay page. It shows the inside leds lit up. So there must be a way to do it. Might be something to look into, for the sedans.

Poor koups no Audi style tailights.... :(

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
^^^I am aware but those are factory taillights. I have already inquired about buying those. Still think the sedan aftermarket version is closer to the Audi style than these.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Those look so sick. I love them. I want some bad!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only asked, cause if you notice on their ebay page. It shows the inside leds lit up. So there must be a way to do it. Might be something to look into, for the sedans.

Thanks, I just noticed that too when i looked again. I'll have to take the time to look at them more closely.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yup, you were right!;)

They are wired to work with the brake lights, there's just no wire for the brakes to the inner (trunk) lights. Ran a wire from the spoiler brake light to each inner lights and stuffed it in the empty space on the connector and ... it works!:D:D

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Good Job BigE, I am soon going to mod my inside lights to brakes as well by doing the same thing. It was pointed out in a previous thread hear on the forum. That is why I remembered.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts