Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to put in some led's under my headlights, and was wiring them thru the headlamp harness. Come to find out the strip I was using was dead on arrival. When I plugged my headlamp back in now my parking lamp doesn't work. Blinker does, but the corner marker doesn't. Any ideas??

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Followed your tutorial and did the mod this past weekend- was a breze! Thanks for the detailed instructions Pharoah....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am officially not meant to do this mod. I got the right one completely installed, while re installing the headlight one of the flimsy wires on the LED strip decided to pull out of the strip at the attach point. Can't put it back on... either I am buying super flimsy strips, or i'm being too rough or I don't know... ugh. on a brighter note I got my flasher unit changed today. yay

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FINALLY got it done!!!! When I used the LED strips Pharaoh recommended...haha if I'da listened instead of going cheap the first time I'd have been finished in about 30 min. Pics tonight!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
do daytime pics too. i wanna see if theyre as bright as the audi ones. you can see those a mile away. and night time with the headlights off :) i wanna do this mod myself. how much did it cost in total and about how long was the instalation process

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
29.99 for the LED strips from ebay, 2 or 3 bucks for wire taps from lowes. Total install took about 30 min from start to finish. I'll post pics this evening.

·
Registered
708 Posts
it's unfortunate but it looks liek the forte is getting alot of attention from people that think factory boosted cars> all

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sooo.... Last night I happened to be behind a black truck and I turned my blinker on.... I (for the first time) saw that with the blinker and LED's alternate with the headlights on. I haven't played with it enough to know when it does and doesn't do it, but I know for sure that with my headlights on when I hit the blinker it does it. I LOVE IT!!!! I installed my 8k DDM HID's yesterday, with the fused harness, and it looked CLEAN! I'm thrilled with everything about my headlamp assy's now. If I could only get the amber filters out... too scared to bake... Pics coming soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.