Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had the car for about 2 weeks when had enough of the oem sound and I decided to reinstall my equipment I pulled out of my previous car.

For the time being have left the stock headunit in place.

The other parts consist of:

Aura neo oem 6in midwoofers
Vifa OX20 neo tweeters. (They have poor off axis response, hence the pods)
Slightly reworked MB quart RSC 216 x-over.
Alpine MRP-F300
Lightning Audio X1000.1D
2 Boston Acoustics G2 10's

First thing I decided on was the amp location. I chose under the drivers seat since it is surprisingly roomy and a nice path for the cables to run. I have the larger lightning audio amp mounted to the floor under the seat, with the smaller alpine installed directly above it. I was a little worried about the amps overheating stacked like that, but it's a complete non factor.
I ran 4 gauge cable through the antenna hole

The door speakers are mounted using the plastic housing of the oem speaker, the x-over's being pretty big are mounted on the rear most point of the outer door skin. And they just barely fit under the panels.

I went ahead and built a simple black carpeted .9 sealed shared chamber box for the subs. I angled it to fit the contour of the seat back, it doesn't take up hardly any of the cargo room and is easily removable. I'm extremely happy with the Boston 10's. They work extremely well in a small sealed box and have amazing low end extension and output.

The tweeters I have work best close to on axis, and since they don't have faceplates I had to create something to mount them to, I made some little glass pods to change the angle. I actually used hot glue to secure the tweeters to the mounting ring. The pictures pretty much explain what I'm talking about. They aren't quite finished yet. I still have some more detail work to do. And to paint them flat black.

With the exception of the tweeters I don't have any pictures of the majority of the install. I was working outside, It was hot and all I wanted to do was get it finished asap.
But since I've started this thread I'll take some pictures of the visible aspects.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Really nice job on the tweeter housings. For the amp mounting under the seat, how did you deal with the heater vents and do the amps get in the way of people's feet sitting in the back?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
awesome fiberglass work. i wish i was that skilled so that i could personally do my doors this summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really nice job on the tweeter housings. For the amp mounting under the seat, how did you deal with the heater vents and do the amps get in the way of people's feet sitting in the back?
Maybe not the most elegant solution but I simply pulled the plastic piece off, it just snaps in. And to prevent air from blowing out. I placed a small piece of raamat over the hole.

I don't believe the amps will cause any problems with peoples feet. I keep the seat about 3 clicks from the rearmost position, the amps are pretty far under there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts