Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've called my dealership, and they've informed me that there is a recall regarding the audio system. I asked if this update will resolve bluetooth issues and they said yes. I'm going in for service next week and will let you know if my problem is solved. In the meantime, call your dealership. Kia Canada certainly didn't notify me of this recall!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
bluetooth

Where in canada are you located?

edit: I see you're located in London! Hello From Toronto!

D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've called my dealership, and they've informed me that there is a recall regarding the audio system. I asked if this update will resolve bluetooth issues and they said yes. I'm going in for service next week and will let you know if my problem is solved. In the meantime, call your dealership. Kia Canada certainly didn't notify me of this recall!
Its called a service action. It is for our convenience for the radio to work better I guess. Big difference between recall and service action, I think recall is safety related.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I've been more active on the other boards. Yes, it's not a recall but a Service Action. Unfortunately, it does nothing but change the car ID from Forte Koup to Forte. However, I switched from my Samsung to a Nokia phone, and the bluetooth works flawlessly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ya, I'm in London also and remember seeing that one of the service action notices was to change the "Forte Koup" listed on your phone when you pair it via Bluetooth to "Forte", but I decided not to do it until I get my first service done. Oh well, it's good to know that our dealership is letting us know about these things!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ya, I'm in London also and remember seeing that one of the service action notices was to change the "Forte Koup" listed on your phone when you pair it via Bluetooth to "Forte", but I decided not to do it until I get my first service done. Oh well, it's good to know that our dealership is letting us know about these things!
Difference between a RECALL and a SERVICE ACTION. a Recall is a safety related item. A Service Action is a fix if the customer complains about a condition. Do you think a radio is a safety item? That's why you did not get a notice from your dealer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Anakputa, I think you quoted the wrong person above as I never mentioned a recall, but only a "service action" for the Bluetooth "fix" that we're talking about. Either way, I'm not planning on getting the update done until I go in for my first service appointment. Obviously not a safety item, just a fix to show Forte on your phone instead of Koup. That can definitely wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts