Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
today i bought a kia forte 2010 radio , i sold mine it was the same but it didnt have a bluetooth , i bought it only for audio , today when i installed it , when i try to pair the bluetooth it keep saying "say the name of the device" something like that and i couldnt cause i dont have a mic installed in my car , so is there is anyway to disable the voice command and use it manually or maybe a downgrade fthe frameware..?

·
Super Moderator
489 Posts
I really don't think it'll work since as you said yours didn't have BT and your car isn't wired for it... maybe you could have got the necessary wiring/mic that came with the one you bought and somehow made it work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you don’t have a mic you won’t be able to talk to people when you make phone calls. It’s possible that the car is pre wired for the mic. If so just buy the mic. I think it’s located in the overhead console on that one. ( it’s been a while since I’ve worked on that body style)

just curious why you’d buy a factory deck when an aftermarket one would give you soooooo much more in features and sound quality? And at a comparable if not cheaper price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts