Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The auto dimming mirror is not an option in Canada so the question is, "Do the Canadian Models have the power connection for the Auto Dimming Mirror in place"?

In other words, are the wiring harnesses the same even though that option was never offered in Canada?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just bought the autodimming mirror with homelink for my Koup but I have not installed it yet. The car came with an autodimming mirror without homelink. The connection plug is a 10 pin (2 rows of 5) connector but the one that I bought has only a 5 pin connector. I talk to the guy that sold it to me and he is looking with his Kia distributor to see what can be done. Has anyone changed the the mirror? I do not know if a car that came without the autodimming mirror has a connector there but it should be easy to verify in the KOUP with sunroof. Just remove the two screws that are in the sunglass compartment and remove the light assembly. If it has one it should be there. If not you will have to wire it from somewhere. They come with an easy to follow instruction manual or you can download it. If I get the new mirror installed I will have the autodimming mirror available for anyone who wants it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would be interested in your mirror,depending of the price of course,tell me if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have removed the reading lights and sunglasses holder unit and it look very easy to take the power from there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Would be interested in your mirror,depending of the price of course,tell me if you want to sell it.
Stockey,
Once I install my new mirror, i will let you know. The price of it will be only the price of the shipping and handling. Not interested in gaining anything from a fellow Forte brother....

·
Registered
127 Posts
For free? You can give it to me. :D
As for now, Stockey asked for it first. If he can't wait until I solve my problem, then you are the runner up.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, thanks a lot,i was going to pay $190 for it at an online store,very very nice of you,and no problem i will wait.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey, thanks a lot,i was going to pay $190 for it at an online store,very very nice of you,and no problem i will wait.
There is one catch thought. The one that I have will not have the wire harness as I am going to use the one installed in my car. I will probably be able to sent you the plug but you will have to figure out how to connect it. That is where I need help with the new one. Let me know if you are still interested.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It came with the 5 pin connector harness. I can rewire it if it comes to it but the thing is that the car already has a 10 pin connector for the rearview mirror. It was supposed to be a plug and play thing. I know that my current mirror will turn off the autodimming feature when the car is in reverse. I do not know if the new mirror have the capability of doing it also. I will ask the guy that sold it to me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Subzeropr,would it be possible to take a pic of the wiring you got under the sunglass compartment console next time you remove it.Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts