Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Kia Forte LX. Its probably the basic of models but I absolutely love my car. I would love to install electronic folding mirrors if that is possible. I am hoping that someone here can help me. I've looked a lot of things up but I cant seem to find a kit that would include modules and buttons to make everything work. Please let me know if someone has done this!!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
977 Posts
I have a 2017 Kia Forte LX. Its probably the basic of models but I absolutely love my car. I would love to install electronic folding mirrors if that is possible. I am hoping that someone here can help me. I've looked a lot of things up but I cant seem to find a kit that would include modules and buttons to make everything work. Please let me know if someone has done this!!
It was never offered with folding mirrors (still isn’t), so retrofitting that would be expensive and time consuming for little benefit. I’ve never had a car that had that feature and actually found it useful (I turned it off when I could), so why bother?

·
Registered
2023 Forte GT 6 speed manual Sporty Blue
69 Posts
It was never offered with folding mirrors (still isn’t), so retrofitting that would be expensive and time consuming for little benefit. I’ve never had a car that had that feature and actually found it useful (I turned it off when I could), so why bother?
If the OP lives somewhere he has to park on the street, apartment lots, or in a parking garage, it’s definitely handy to have. We had a Lexus NX300 as a rental recently and it had the folding mirror option. Never used it when parking, but I played with it a few times for fun. You know, cuz you have to!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
977 Posts
If the OP lives somewhere he has to park on the street, apartment lots, or in a parking garage, it’s definitely handy to have. We had a Lexus NX300 as a rental recently and it had the folding mirror option. Never used it when parking, but I played with it a few times for fun. You know, cuz you have to!
Yeah, my moms Volvo has it. I’m not a fan. Never had a use for it. As for street parking, the drivers side is always to the street side, so just manually fold it when leaving the car if you’re worried about it. Never had an issue not folding mirrors in though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts