21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ontario, Belair Direct:

25 y.o. male
2 minor speeding convictions

$2,000,000 liability
$500 deductables (collision and comprehensive)
no depreciation of value if car is a write-off in the first 2 years
rental coverage
first at fault accident will be forgiven, second will be half-forgiven
fiancee as ocassional driver at no extra charge

$155.66 per month

This price reflects discounts for having winter tires and having my condo insurance with them (which is $29.75/month and insures me for $75,000 and up to $15,000 in apartment contents).
Man, I am also with Belair, and am 24 in Toronto. I am paying $240 a month in Insurance and have 100% clean record. I also have the crashproof policy, and the no depreciation. Hell, I was paying $205 a month for a 1994 4-door car before this one.

Wonder why mine is so much more money? They do say when you hit 25 the rates drop a lot?

·
Registered
283 Posts
more than 120$ is creepy...38/m/Qc 90$ with allstate full coverage1000000$ 250$ deductible,started at 130$ 3 years ago(is gettin' lower every year)just 5 years canadian driving licence (more than 15 on road elsewere but here)clean record

·
Registered
283 Posts
net checking(no koup in option,so i put the sx 4dr that is most expensive):

30years/M/toronto(samewere M4B 2C3 code)Gfull (noG2) 5 years older licence,married and get this

THAAAAT'S CREEEEEPY!!!!:mad:

Auto Insurance Quote - Ontario DESJARDINS

Find the coverage that suits your needs
Lowest Price
$2,907.00/year NO COVERAGE 2000000$

Popular Choice
$3,859.00/year 500$ DEDUCTIBLE 2000000$

Deluxe Choice 0$ DEDUCTIBLE 2000000$
$4,256.00/year

·
Registered
283 Posts
same story in Quebec ,with some difference,and is an verry expensive one(will be lower if you accept credit score check,didn't do it for checking)
Auto Insurance Quote - Quebec

Economical
$134.42/month 1000000$ 500$ ded

Standard
$174.75/month 1000000$ 250ded

Deluxe
$188.33/month 2000000$ 0$ deductible

Customize

·
Registered
283 Posts
SAME THINK ON KANETIX FOR TORONTO.30years/M/toronto(samewere M4B 2C3 code)Gfull (noG2) 5 years older licence,married..REALLY EXPENSIVE!!!

3332 $ / anPaiements mensuels de 277.67 $*
Détails
· Paiement : Carte de crédit, PRA
· Mensualités : Aucun frais.
· Note A.M. Best B+ pd
· Escomptes : Rabais stationnement privilégié, Pneus d'hiver

3401 $ / anPaiements mensuels de 283.42 $*
Détails
· Paiement : Carte de crédit, PRA, ou chèque
· Mensualités : Dépôt exigé.
· Note A.M. Best A+

4757 $ / anPaiements mensuels de 396.42 $*
Détails
· Mensualités : Aucun dépôt exigé. Aucun frais
· Note A.M. Best B++ pd
· Escomptes : Conducteur expérimenté, Nouveaux véhicule

4763 $ / anPaiements mensuels de 408.82 $*
Détails
· Mensualités : Dépôt exigé.
· Note A.M. Best A- pd
· Amnistie pourra être disponible pour un 50$/véhicule.
· Franchise Décroissante pourra être disponible

5172 $ / anPaiements mensuels de 431.00 $*
Détails
· Paiement : Carte de crédit
· Mensualités : Dépôt exigé. Aucun frais.
· Note A.M. Best B++ pd

5662 $ / anPaiements mensuels de 485.99 $*
Détails

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
hey all. i got a quote from Johnson's insurance

27 female, single, clean record, toronto, koup SX automatic
$189/month
- $1M Liability
- $500 deductable on both collision and comprehensive
- 24 months depreciation thing (dono what it is called..but just if u total lost ur car then they will count the value of ur car 24 months ago...)
- road side assistance
- car rental insurance
- one time waiver for at fault accident
- if claiming over $5000, then dont need to pay any deductable
- replacement rental can claim up to $1200 each time

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get very good deals, so low I won't post them as most people would just call BS.

For new cars, especially new models, it's a bit of an open market for pricing and if you get some prices from any auto insurance quotes page to haggle with you will be amazed at how things change.

I know a lot of you are from Canada but this still applies as I hear you are getting some private insurance options?

Anyways, I hope that you take the advice to heart, there's lots of money to save EACH year so it's worth a bit of strong-arming to get good rates!

;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
28m / Calgary, AB / Koup SX / Clean Record / full coverage from Aviva / 110.00 :) Cheaper than my 08 Dakota was.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Man, I am also with Belair, and am 24 in Toronto. I am paying $240 a month in Insurance and have 100% clean record. I also have the crashproof policy, and the no depreciation. Hell, I was paying $205 a month for a 1994 4-door car before this one.

Wonder why mine is so much more money? They do say when you hit 25 the rates drop a lot?
Yours will still be a bit higher than mine when you turn 25 since you live in Toronto. My insurance went up by $7/month when I moved to a different part of London!

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are the important things to keep in mind when considering a change in auto insurance providers. You may also want to review the cancellation policy of your current provider to make sure that you provide them with enough notice and that you follow procedure exactly as written.
Car Insurance

·
Registered
641 Posts
$44/month. Over 25 and married being the big reasons why. At this point the car, whether it be a $35,000 sport coupe or a $20,000 sedan doesn't make much difference in price, just varies by a few bucks.

$250 deductible, rental and towing, 100,000/300,000 limits, accident forgiveness, etc

But insurance prices vary wildly on many different regional factors so comparing across the U.S., much less U.S. and Canada is about pointless.

2,213 Posts
I don't know why, but the post reminds me of an AA meeting...
My names sal, I'm 33 from NYC, and I'm an alcoholic! Lmao idk how they do it in Canada, but if you pay yearly over here, it's almost $200 off. My last car was a BMW, or as I like to call it "the money pit" but the insurance was only $55 month, but it wasnt full coverage. This time I Paid for 6 months in adavance for full coverage and it's about $725 for 6 months. That's fire theft blah blah windows and even some mechanical. That's with geico

·
Registered
14 Posts
My insurance just went up by about $140 a year. Went from a 2007 Camry to a 2010 Koup EX. No changes in any coverage, deductible or anything. The car was only change.

I have a 2009 Rondo on the policy as well and I'm only paying about $1,300 a year total for both. Full coverage, 100K-300K liability limits across the board. $500 deductible. My wife and I are both the best steps you can be here in Mass - no at fault accidents or tickets on our records.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.