Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great News everyone,

I was just helping my cousin looking for parts for his Civic and I stumbled across a website called Auto City Imports. They had a Kia tab but nothing available yet. I called them got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is he informed me that there are 3 main Korean auto part retailers in the USA. Korean Auto Imports (who suck) Soulful Racing, and Shark Racing. And a smaller retailer is KSpec. ACI told me they themselves tried to contact Korean Auto Imports themselves and never could get ahold of anyone... who would have figured...

The good news is that ACI is actively pursuing parts for the koup and I was informed they are going to be getting parts from MNS. I dont really know who M&S is but they are going to be getting new stuff. I stressed to them that alot of people are dieing for Coilovers, Projectors, and some different Bodykits.

Auto City Imports : Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore here is there website. The more people who contact them and let them know what they are looking for the better it will be for us.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im going to email them today so if there are any other part requests you guys have let me know and ill send it along with my email

2,213 Posts
lol whats the problem with KAI?? its one guy running a whole company to keep costs down. they price match everything, find parts for you over seas and have fast shipping. he got me my sequence gt spoiler when no one else could, and for alot less then other people had it listed

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
many people... including myself have horror stories about KIA

2,213 Posts
Tell em forget the coilovers, there's like 5 brands of coilovers out there. For some reason people have this delusional misconception that coilovers cost like $10. They really are $1200! Tell them to find grills, and engine parts. No one can make a grill and no one has engine parts. That's what we really need.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed Joe at AutoCity if anyone else wants to let me know and I can pm you his email. He told me they are looking for people active on the forums to talk to and find out what people want.

Also just to clarify in my post above i said MNS i was wrong its M&S. Some of there products are already for sale at korean auto but i have been told by AutoCity that they have many more parts avalible.

P.S. about korean auto imports look here> http://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...e/2563-sequence-spoiler-install-disaster.html

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things are moving along very quickly i just got 2 pics of the body kit they are trying to get.

and

If you want to see more pictures of it there is a gray koup with the same body kit posted in the master body kit thread

2,213 Posts
To be all honest...that was sequence's fault, not Kai. You waited 3 weeks for a spoiler...I waited 4 months!!! lol And that wasn't even with Kai. That was with juyumg whoever from eBay. But yea I could understand if you would be upset.

As far as that other body kit. If they can get that, that would be great, but from what I've been told from a few suppliers, that kit is no longer available. They made a few of them, then something happen to the company that was producing them. But anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Actually there is only 2 dif brands that offer coilovers ... I would like a set of coilovers that doesn't have a max lowering capacity of 1.5 inches, which is basically what you get with eibach springs. So a GOOD set of coilovers would be amazing, and a complete dual exhaust set up, headers, cf trunk and hood. Need I go on?

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Exterior

-Body kits [NEFDesign, SX-R, Aero, ect]
-Grilles [ArtX, Roadruns, Bright, ect]
-Tail lights [LED variations]
-Head lights [stock sedan/Koup]
-Eyelids [ArtX, ect]
-Spoilers [Sequence, SX-R, ect]
-Carbon fiber hoods
-Sharkfin antenna
-Aftermarket badges [K symbol, ect]
-Wheel caps [K symbol, "Koup", ect]
-Forte Koup fog lamp cover
-Koup emblem, Forte emblem, SX-R emblem
-2011 mirror covers w/ slim reflector
-Left/Right Mirror light up module
-LED turn signal module

Interior

-Dash kits [Carbon fiber, aluminum, ect]
-"K" symbol steering wheel badge
-Door scuff [Koup that lights up, Forte Koup, Bright, ect]
-Cup holder LED Forte Koup plate

Add more to the list if any other members wish to. I only added mods that are specifically set up for the Forte Koup / Sedan. LED strips, LED bulbs and HID's are universal.

Performance mods are likely going to be sold by those responsible for producing them with a few exceptions.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It looks like they offer other companies performance parts for other vehicles. I will email them this list and also include that they should look to team up with ARK or TK or SOLO for a direct retailer of their parts.

Also i found the website for M&S unfortunetly its in korean and i dont see any forte stuff... although we obviously know it exists because they have stuff on Korean Auto... http://www.mscarart.com/base/new_product/product07.php

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
It looks like they offer other companies performance parts for other vehicles. I will email them this list and also include that they should look to team up with ARK or TK or SOLO for a direct retailer of their parts.

Also i found the website for M&S unfortunetly its in korean and i dont see any forte stuff... although we obviously know it exists because they have stuff on Korean Auto... http://www.mscarart.com/base/new_product/product07.php
Don't forget NEFDesign, if they can successfully get in contact with NEFD that would be amazing.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just heard back from ACI today and they will be delaying the forte line because they got busy with a few other projects but assured me it will b sooner rather than later. you guys should call them and request the parts. Maybe if they get enough calls and interest they will speed up the process

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's unfortunate, but it's better to under-promise and over-deliver than to have false hope. Too many modd companies get your deposit then the product never comes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just talked to ACI today they informed me that they are going to be focusing on the Sequence product line for the forte. He didnt give me an exact date on the release of the line but he says it will be soon!

·
Registered
344 Posts
What's the sequence line? Their branding name?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.