Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when I adjust the ACC, it seems as though it just increases or decreases the fanspeed and AC/Heat according to how much I turn the knob, rather than actually setting the car to the temperature I set...

Does anyone know if there is an actual temperature sensor in the interior?

Also, I notice the outside temperature reading is often wrong. It's been chilly here for the past couple days(around 19-20C) but the outside temp says it's 26-28C...

I have a feeling that these fancy features are actually just smoke and mirrors... I find myself actually wishing I had manual CC, so I can be sure I'm getting what I set it to.

Any comments?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine seems to work great.
Outside temp is bang on.
My fan speed goes up right away when i set temp loer then goes down as the inside temp goes down.
The little sensor at front of dash by windshield senses sunlight for adjustments.
The actual inside temp sensor is somewhere in the dash through the little vent to the left of the console which most think is the place where push button start goes but it actually takes air into it for temp and moisture check.
not sure if that helps at all but that's what I've found out so far.
Certainly does get some getting used to. I always have to change where the air is coming from as I don't like it blowing in my face. Other than that no complaints.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... My fan speed never seems to adjust by itself... I have to change the temp up or down to change the fan speed when I'm in auto.

Also my A/C never seemed like it was very cold... Maybe I should get this all looked at.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
My auto climate control also works bang on I'm always between 23 or 24. It even got the windshield defogger working automatically one humid night.

I'm between 23 and 24 because I think the system assumes we dress for the weather. Its been as low as 15 in the morning here and 23 ain't warm enough for a T Shirt.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I wasn't letting it have enough time to do its thing. It works great now that I just let it do what it wants :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts