Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help...I drive a 2013 kia forte koup daily and all is fine except when manual shifting. Car shifts down with ease but won't shift up. Car drives perfect when on auto. It's just manual mode it won't shift up. Is there a part broke that needs replacing and how hard would it be to get done? I'm thinking maybe some rubber or something needs replacing. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts
Without being able to look at your car it would be difficult to diagnose this...since the manual downshift works I would assume that the manual upshift switch is defective. The center console is not to difficult to remove on the 2010-2013 Fortes.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
What are possible problems if it seems like gas is used up too quickly? Pls help!
Have you done a scan to see if any OBDII trouble codes are set?
How many miles on car?
Spark plugs been changed recently?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Obd doesn't pick up an issue and mileage almost at 70k. May need to check spark plugs. Could the spark plugs be the gas issue?
Spark plugs? Maybe, maybe not.
What about your air filter - new, old?
What about tire pressure - underinflated?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.