Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has changed there shifter knob for there automatic transition. And if so, what size is the threading? And how do you remove it? I looked and I don't see any lock nut or pinning so I'm guessing it just twist off? Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated. Best Regards :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
RacingRed:

Removing the A/T knob takes less than 30 seconds. Here's how you do it:

1) Put the gear in R or N (you'll need to turn the key to power up the systems in your car). This step is necessary to make enough room for a cross-point screw drive.
2) Rotate the shifter covering (a plastic cone shaped cover at the bottom of the knob) clock-wise to disengage the snap-fit that is on the inside and slide the cover down.
3) When you slide the cover down, you'll see a yellow marking on the lip of the cone. During installation, make sure you orient the yellow marking to the same position.
4) You'll see one small phillips screw that is holding the knob in place. Remove this.
5) Pull knob straight up to remove.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mahalo (Thank you) 2wheels for the info. Now if the company I'm talking to can supply me with a round custom knob, that's the question :). Will keep you folks posted on this. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts