Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
My summer toy car happens to now be a 98 awd Eclipse turbo. The car started as I fwd (GST), last time I dyno'd it in fwd trim, it made 410whp/352ft/lbs on its daily street tune (ran more boost at the track). I blew up a tranny at the track & that was my motivation to ditch the fwd. Awd swap was the best thing I ever did to the car, 300-350+whp really is a waste in a fwd vehicle & I'd never build another, after the swap. Car currently makes ~550awhp, in street trim :biggrin2:

If you read through that article, while it is a good amount of work. None of it is really all that difficult & the amount of welding/fab work is fairly minimal. That swap is fairly straight forward because they made both fwd & awd of the same vehicle, so the majority of the parts are just bolt in. With the Forte, that wouldn't be the case. I would assume some major fab work would be required to complete this project & if you don't have the skills to do all/most of the work yourself, you better have very deep pockets (I spent 10K when I did the awd swap to my Eclipse, but that included a number of upgraded parts, including a 3.5K tranny & 2K suspension setup).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.