Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to deaden the back shelf of my sedan? my 12's are too much for it.

I was messing around with it and even just pressing down on the shelf muffles the ugly resonance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is there an easy way to deaden the back shelf of my sedan? my 12's are too much for it.

I was messing around with it and even just pressing down on the shelf muffles the ugly resonance.
Dynamat is your friend. I am in the process of doing my whole car. But the bottom and top of the rear deck is on my agenda!!!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Look for D113's thread he has deadened his whole sedan. Just do a search much info available.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess i wasn't being clear enough for you guys.

Spending $150 on dynamat and pulling my backseats and rear shelf out isn't "easy". Applying a little pressure to the shelf kills the sound for the most part. I was looking for an "easy" way to replicate the result of resting my hand on the shelf. Perhaps some kind of 3m sealer around the edge between the glass and the shelf. or some heavy cushioned mat that's thin and blends to the same color as the shelf/seats.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I guess i wasn't being clear enough for you guys.

Spending $150 on dynamat and pulling my backseats and rear shelf out isn't "easy". Applying a little pressure to the shelf kills the sound for the most part. I was looking for an "easy" way to replicate the result of resting my hand on the shelf. Perhaps some kind of 3m sealer around the edge between the glass and the shelf. or some heavy cushioned mat that's thin and blends to the same color as the shelf/seats.
I am assuming that you have a sub box directly under the rear deck? if so maybe you could wedge something in between the two. I am sure that pressure up or down would give you the same results.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Read my build thread.

$150 dollars in Dynamat in the most cost-inefficient way to deaden the back shelf and get results.

Clay is an affordable solution and it works!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts