Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I found an article on the internet than Kia Forte,(may be not all the models) the 2011 will be equipped with back up sonars just like the ones that I have on present car.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well that would be handy, I find that backing up with this car a bit nerve racking due to the fact I can't see much!
I was thinking maybe lower the car more in the back to make it level might help this sight problem? but lol a sonar would also help

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have it on my car. It's pretty neat, but not as great as you would think. The thing beeps, but you have to stop backing up to see where the sonar is picking up the object because the display is where the odometer is and the steering wheel is normally blocking the display. Not very useful. However, I recently installed a camera to the back of my car and ran it through my navigation-- that is far more helpful than sonar- I would recommend the camera.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I live in Quebec, Canada, the camera is usally install on the license plate and with the long winter that we have here, the camera will need to by clean most of the time and I'ts very easy to remove, no camera for me.
The back sonars works great, but it take a while to get use to it.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
If you look at the new Forte 5-door pictures in the "coming Vehicles" tab on the Kia.com website you can see the 4 sensors in the bumper fascia...

·
Registered
576 Posts
My Aussie Forte Koup has 4 backup sensors located on the black plastic piece under bumper bar, it comes as standard equipment, do the North American ars come with this ?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My Aussie Forte Koup has 4 backup sensors located on the black plastic piece under bumper bar, it comes as standard equipment, do the North American ars come with this ?
Nope, only aussies have trouble backing up that much... :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nope, only aussies have trouble backing up that much... :)
LOL... No wonder you guys have trouble backing as you drive on the wrong side of the road. When I was in Canada (NB) I drove my friends car on a freeway it freaked me out :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
LOL... No wonder you guys have trouble backing as you drive on the wrong side of the road. When I was in Canada (NB) I drove my friends car on a freeway it freaked me out :)
All you had to do was pretend your driving upside down like usual...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts