Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum (though i've read it for a while) and just thought I'd share my story...

I got my blue forte koup the first week of October last year...but I have had very bad luck with it. It's been six months and I've had four accidents with that car.

My very first accident ever was about a week after I bought the koup...someone backed into the car in a parking lot. $1300 worth of damages.

The second accident (1/13/11) I was stopped at a red light and someone drove behind me to try and cut across the lanes and hit the back of my car. $600 worth of damages.

My third accident (1/26/11) was going through an intersection when someone did not yield (he was doing a u-turn under the bridge) and we collided at 45 mph. That accident did $3000 of damage.

While still recovering from that accident, I was driving in another city and a girl decided to make a left on a red light...I had a green light going through the intersection so her truck and my forte koup collided. Estimate for this accident is 2200 so far and it happened on 4/19/11.

I have been told by family members, doctors, and insurance adjusters that I need to get different car...I might have to agree with them because it seems like this car has a target on it. But I do love the car...although I'm guessing I'd get a low trade in offer because of the accident history even though it only has 4500 miles on it and is in perfect condition after all repairs.

2,213 Posts
Damn!!!!!!!! The carfax on that car must be like 15 pages long. Atleast you're alive! But yea, I think that car is cursed, don't sell it.....BURN IT!!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
wow... do you really think it's the car? what are the possibilities? haha... that's crazy... yea that car "fox" would be preeeeeeety long and crazy for a new car... it's cursed...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have to agree get rid of the car,
I have a story like yours with a car I bought... I'll try to make it quick.

A 300zx only had 45,000 miles on it when I bought it I got it for a thousand dollars,k
it was wrecked kid who owned it before me wrecked it, hit a tree, I fixed the car
had to spent about 3,000 dollars still a great deal.
drove it a month then I wrecked it :( , I found out the last 4 owners all had wrecked the car.

But wow 4 wrecks in that short of a time for own owner.. thats just really werid :( sounds cursed bad magick in play here :(

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm surprised your insurance hasn't just totaled it and given you the money for it

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wow. That's rough. I have had bad luck with Christmas and accidents but four major accidents in 6 months??? Just burn the koup and go get the turbo genesis!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Wow!!! That sucks. We always tend to see the bad before the good though. Instead of thinking the car is cursed, think the car is awesome for keeping you safe and alive after so many accidents. Maybe you can turn that "energy" around:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
^^ Agreed. I do not know of many cars that would be able to withstand that many accidents. I felt I was like that in my eclipse and tiburon. Definitely glad you are okay and that none of those are your fault. Unfortunately, there are A LOT of bad drivers out there.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I only got in 1 accident, 92 year old lady made a left turn in front of me while i had a green light at 45 mph, and I smashed the dead center side of her car. $15,000 in damages. How are your costs so low?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I only got in 1 accident, 92 year old lady made a left turn in front of me while i had a green light at 45 mph, and I smashed the dead center side of her car. $15,000 in damages. How are your costs so low?

The speed limit was only 30 so maybe because I was not going as fast...My driver side front bumper hit her driver side back tire (somewhere in that area)...so it only caught the front corner of my car...I received the quote of 2200 yesterday but when they take it apart they might find other damages...I just know the bumper and bumper cover and headlight were damaged, the hood would not open, and there was marks from the tire (i'm guessing) on the hood...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm surprised your insurance hasn't just totaled it and given you the money for it

Yeah, my husband keeps hoping it will get totaled that way we don't have to worry about losing money on the trade-in due to it's accident history.

But the other driver's insurance always pays (two had progressive and two had statefarm) and the car is always still worth more than the damages for that accident so it hasn't been totaled yet

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
the car is always still worth more than the damages for that accident so it hasn't been totaled yet
Haha I'm a little afraid that you used the word "yet". Well I hope you don't get into any more accidents and actually get the chance to enjoy driving your car without worrying about other drivers on the road.

I think you should watch this video, and hopefully it helps you relax a bit :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Maybe I am too much of a stats guy but your car isn't cursed. If it was then you wouldn't be alive right now lol. I would move somewhere else before I lost a ton of money on the car trying to sell it. There are other factors at play other than what you drive.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Unfortunately, you're gonna have to chalk this up as a very unfortunate set of conicidences. My sister had this same luck with her '89 Corolla SR-5 Coupe. A cable truck, a semi truck, a Camry, and a Porsche 911 all did their best to total that car, but none of them succeeded. By the time her 4th wreck had been repaired, the only original panels left on that car were the trunklid and roof. She was happy to get rid of it becuase she, too felt that her car was cursed.

Fast forward to August 2010, where a guy lost control of his Neon on a curve, broadsided my sister in her TSX, roller her onto the roof, and nearly killed her.

Doesn't matter what you drive....you'll always be surrounded by idiots that have no business being in possession of a driver's license....or a car.

Better luck to you in the future...glad you're still alive to tell the stories. You're beating the odds in that respect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.