Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been keeping a log of my MPG's for a few months now and have been averaging 30-31 MPG.

After this last oil change I noticed I only got 27 1/2 MPG. I filled up the tank, used it up, and filled it up again and got 28 MPG. My driving habits haven't changed and I use the same station/gas pump every time. :confused:

The only thing that I can think of recently that has had an effect on my MPG's is something with the oil change. It's only 3-4 MPG but it's a little frusturating. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the problem?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't know if it would make that much difference, but perhaps they used a heavier grade of oil? I have read in other threads here that the likely reason that they recommend a 5W-20 oil is for mileage purposes, so it would follow that a thicker oil than that would cause a worse gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to ask what they used this time. I've had oil changes from the same dealer three times now and haven't had any problems. Maybe they used something different this last time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts