Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think it might be a good idea to sticky the frequent questions like badge removal led light cai and mufflers

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in NJ and right now its about 20 degrees F. Do you guys think I should wait to replace the badges on the outside? I already swapped out the steering wheel last night
-Ken

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in NJ and right now its about 20 degrees F. Do you guys think I should wait to replace the badges on the outside? I already swapped out the steering wheel last night
-Ken
Yes! Wait. The adhesive wont hold nearly as well. Unless you can get a hair dryer on the car and the emblem to get them both warm I would wait.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Is ebay the best place to get the "K" emblems?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is the best place I found to get them, and they have a ton of different styles for the emblems too. As soon as the weather warms up a bit more I will be swapping out parts myself on my Koup.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Automotive Goo Gone.

Best advice is to debadge the day you buy your car. Didn't get mine till six months after the car was built, but the badges still came off easily with floss and no heat at all. Just need a spray or 2 of Goo Gone for adhesive after.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This thread was very helpful! Thanks for taking the time to put these together.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why didnt I do this? Thanks for this posting!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Removing the adhesive backed badges was easier than the front snap job for me. If any of you guys are fishermen, then you know what SpiderWire is. For those that don't, it's very thin, braided fishing line that is Teflon coated and has a very high tensil strength and no stretch. I wrapped a length around two Bic lighters to pull it tight and it cut through the adhesive like butter....no heat required. It pulled right under the "Forte" badge like nothing at all. I would HIGHLY recommend this line for this task.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts