Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you have come across this yet but if not then I may be the one bringing the good news... :D

Forte Grille

I've asked the seller if it would fit the Koup but he said that they have not tried it yet on a Koup :( ... So at least it is sure to mount on the Sedan.

Anyone knows if a Sedan Grille would normally fit on a Koup???

Oh... btw the price is in SGD!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Really NICE !

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The grills between Sedan and Koup are the same, if I am not mistaken. So therefore this should fit the Koup. Remeber with this grill to relocate your horn. ;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hey that looks pretty sweet. Wouldn't mine putting that on my sedan. But I"m thinking like Fox . . .This should also fit the Koup. . .

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hmmm $78usd. Not bad at all. I'm not a huge fan of the mesh but that's easy enough to correct.

Someone setup a group buy. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm $78usd. Not bad at all. I'm not a huge fan of the mesh but that's easy enough to correct.

Someone setup a group buy. :)
Well group buy is not allowed here... I have contacted the seller and I can try to talk him into a discounted price and let you guys know if I manage to get that. Then you would need to negotiate individually for the same cost as well as for the shipping...

If you guys are sure it would fit the Koup then this is my next mod :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This grill though looks to be missing the vents that are on the top portion, that direct air into the intake that is above the grill.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Thanks for the find. I've been wanting a new grille for a while now but haven't seen anything I liked so far, but this here might be the winner.

Why do they have two seperate links to a Kia Cerato and a Kia Forte? I thought they were the same vehicle just named differently in different countries?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Thanks for the link
I'd be happy to have one of these in the near future

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
If anyone is curious I emailed them asking how much it would cost to ship to the states and he said $60 SGD. So after shipping the grille would be about $125 USD, not bad. But remember you'll have to paint it too.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I like mine... only about 12 dollars... and I got a 12 dollar rebate whenever I returned the mesh to the hardware store... So yeah. Basically some elbow grease and some scratches are worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Well I have the flat black grille and either want the glossy black OEM grille which is going to cost me closer to $200 or I could buy this for cheaper.

BTW Fas, what exactly did you do to cut out the old mesh and attach the new?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I used some intense wire cutters and just cut away at the exposed mesh... then i had one of my friends grind off the excess pieces. I left the corners in b/c you need those to mount it onto the bumper. Then I hot glue gunned the new one in, then I finally spray painted the mesh so the hot glue wouldn't stand out.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Hmm pretty cool, nice job. I'm starting to think maybe I just want the glossy black OEM grille. Without the badge in there I feel like it might be too empty looking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.