Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ForteSX2.4 recommended I repost these, so here's a new thread for any different badges or emblems that you have changed. I've done the Tigris all around. I'd like to see if anyone has done the luxury or the "L" looking emblem swaps. Also, a nice set is called Tomato, anyone get these? Please post pictures, or if you have any questions, feel free.

Here's a couple pics of my first changes, wanted to do a work in progress type thing.

BTW, I got the emblems from autoria.co.kr (using email [email protected] and paypal if you are interested) Use translate.google.com and it's easy enough to look around the site, but it might be hard to set up an account and order on there, plus through paypal you don't have to pay any exchange rates. I placed the order last tuesday and they arrived by friday, FROM S. KOREA!!! Couldn't believe it. If you are looking for any emblem replacements or other neat stuff. I will absolutely do business with them again, best prices too by far and great quality, they are aluminum with high polished chrome on gloss black. even with international shipping, the same was $75 more from koreanautoimports.com, twice as much, and they(koreanautoimports) weren't even willing to work with me and now I'm glad I didn't use them. You can also find their stuff on Ebay, but I recommend going to the source and you'll save a few bucks =)

PS. what do you guys think, keep KOUP on there or not? and what about the vinyl on the trunk?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice, looks real good. I dont mind the Koup still on there, might look cleaner with it off though.

I really want to do this, I have a Blue EX Koup, but am really terrified of screwing something up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i was kind of worried about it too, but i talked to some other owners and even some of the soul guys helped me out. use a heat gun or hair dryer then something with a not too sharp plastic edge, i used my library card and that worked fine. If your going to do them all, start with the kia on the trunk, if you make a mark under there it will be covered up with your new emblem. Also, check out the luxury and eagles emblems at koreanautoimports for some different looks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
these photos are kinda old ( Oct. 31st old. it still has its Halloween costume on. lol) And the billet grill has been removed.
i first put the luxury one on there but they really looked bad.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
these photos are kinda old ( Oct. 31st old. it still has its Halloween costume on. lol) And the billet grill has been removed.
i first put the luxury one on there but they really looked bad.

Why did you remove the billet grille? Didn't you like it or did you find something better?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Why did you remove the billet grille? Didn't you like it or did you find something better?

just got sick of it, and it makes it blend in with every other car on the road.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks good!

I have a question. What are the dimensions of the the Steering wheel Emblem?

ForteSX2.4 recommended I repost these, so here's a new thread for any different badges or emblems that you have changed. I've done the Tigris all around. I'd like to see if anyone has done the luxury or the "L" looking emblem swaps. Also, a nice set is called Tomato, anyone get these? Please post pictures, or if you have any questions, feel free.

Here's a couple pics of my first changes, wanted to do a work in progress type thing.

BTW, I got the emblems from autoria.co.kr (using email [email protected] and paypal if you are interested) Use translate.google.com and it's easy enough to look around the site, but it might be hard to set up an account and order on there, plus through paypal you don't have to pay any exchange rates. I placed the order last tuesday and they arrived by friday, FROM S. KOREA!!! Couldn't believe it. If you are looking for any emblem replacements, go no further(other neat stuff too). I will absolutely do business with them again, best prices too by far and great quality, they are aluminum with high polished chrome on gloss black. even with international shipping, the same was $75 more from koreanautoimports.com, twice as much, and they(koreanautoimports) weren't even willing to work with me and now I'm glad I didn't use them. You can also find their stuff on Ebay, but I recommend going to the source and you'll save a few bucks =)

PS. what do you guys think, keep KOUP on there or not? and what about the vinyl on the trunk?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a question. What are the dimensions of the the Steering wheel Emblem?
It is 60x31mm and curves over the current emblem. the wheel emblems are 59mm and also cover the current badges. the front and rear are replacements and both 128x65mm. I thought I might as well list em all. Also, after a week and one wash/wax they are all still very secure, they use 3m automotive tape.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks, Vizunary. We just bought a red racing Koup SX. On the way is the RoadRuns Grill with the Roadruns rear emblem in red. Also I went to a Hyundai stealership and noticed the Genesis Coupe uses the same size of Center caps so I got the Carbon fiber center caps in red that reads "Coupe" in cursive with a red line around it. For the inside we got the Tomato Steering wheel emblem. There are instructions on the soul site on how to remove the steering wheel emblem completely to get a better fit of the emblems.

Vinyl high gloss roof (140 installed) and black LED mirrors are also on the way.

The SX we bought had everthing but leather so the dealer is charging us 1295 for heated black Katzskins with red stitching front and back.

I have an exhaust shop here in SD that has done all my rides and we will use them for a dual magnaflow setup with K&N. No rice allowed here.

What should we name her?

It is 60x31mm and curves over the current emblem. the wheel emblems are 59mm and also cover the current badges. the front and rear are replacements and both 128x65mm. I thought I might as well list em all. Also, after a week and one wash/wax they are all still very secure, they use 3m automotive tape.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is a body kit offered from a kia dealership in Singapore called C&C. I think this is a sweet body kit and it makes the Forte look even better. The spoiler I have is part of this body kit.

S#!T, attachments still aren't working!

Try this...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey guys. Do you have to remove the grill on the front of the car to replace the Kia symbol?

·
Registered
81 Posts
How did you get the steering wheel emblem off. Or did the new emblem just stick over the kia one?

fortesx2.4 recommended i repost these, so here's a new thread for any different badges or emblems that you have changed. I've done the tigris all around. I'd like to see if anyone has done the luxury or the "l" looking emblem swaps. Also, a nice set is called tomato, anyone get these? Please post pictures, or if you have any questions, feel free.

btw, i got the emblems from autoria.co.kr (using email [email protected] and paypal if you are interested) use translate.google.com and it's easy enough to look around the site, but it might be hard to set up an account and order on there, plus through paypal you don't have to pay any exchange rates. I placed the order last tuesday and they arrived by friday, from s. Korea!!! Couldn't believe it. If you are looking for any emblem replacements or other neat stuff. I will absolutely do business with them again, best prices too by far and great quality, they are aluminum with high polished chrome on gloss black. Even with international shipping, the same was $75 more from koreanautoimports.com, twice as much, and they(koreanautoimports) weren't even willing to work with me and now i'm glad i didn't use them. You can also find their stuff on ebay, but i recommend going to the source and you'll save a few bucks =)

ps. What do you guys think, keep koup on there or not? And what about the vinyl on the trunk?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The one I bought just stuck right over the top. The problem is twofold: 1st I'm super picky apparently, consequently 2nd the steering wheel emblem that I purchased is too small by about 2 or 3 mm in width. Nobody would notice it but me most likely but I'm tempted to remove it because it's really bugging me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts