Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Forte ex and i have 2 blank switches and i was wondering if i could fit a bass control knob in it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
sorry guys been busy, but i will run out to my car real quick and snap a picture. Lechner, I cant speak generally but mine does require a specific knob to work correctly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow that looks really nice i wasnt expecting it to fit perfectly in it. Also started a thread because i need some help with my sound system if you would be so kind to help me out thatd be great.

·
Registered
695 Posts
um you are referring to my foot rest or clutch pedal? if not then you must be seeing the interior speaker lights, it controls the lights around my front speakers.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The damn bass knob had to be replaced since the first one wasn't for the correct series of amps. Still not done yet, need to dynamat the trunk. Working with a friend who does tones of custom fiberglassing for a reputable company, wanted to have a double din stereo installed and have him make it look stock.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 2 old amps and i do not know if either work so i am gonna hook everything up and if both fail ill get a new one. The amps i have are a pioneer and a 4 channel american legacy. how did u get the power cable through the firewall? When i finally hook up my sound system i was going to dynamat my 4 doors and trunk.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you can run the power wire through the engine compartment and under the car to the area where the spare tires is. there is a coupe of rubber grommets you can go through. oh and so it doesn't drag on the ground, just zip tie it to different parts of the undercarriage.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well my power cable is run through a hole near my brake pedal and then have it run underneath all the carpeting, i had the seats and center console removed during install. I had all the speakers replaced and replaced all the cheap stock wiring also while i had everything removed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Lechner I installed dynamat on the doors and really need to get the trunk done, the rear panels vibrate way to much from the outside, the inside sounds great but i hate the vibration on the outside.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
once you figure out how to remove the rear deck, please post a how to. i need to do this to. everything from the backseat back rattle realy fuckin loud

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lechner I installed dynamat on the doors and really need to get the trunk done, the rear panels vibrate way to much from the outside, the inside sounds great but i hate the vibration on the outside.
The doors dont seem to be too hard to dynamat but if you ever had a chance im in no rush to put my power cable in the right spot could you take a photo of where you have the power cable. Also do you have to connect the remote wire from the amp to HU? if so how do you take out the dash. I am using a stock HU. Thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you can hook the remote to any 12v source. i used the positive off the back of one of the cigarette plugs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you can hook the remote to any 12v source. i used the positive off the back of one of the cigarette plugs.
Oh ok so when the car turns on it so does the cigarette lighter which triggers the amp. ah it makes sense now and how did you get to the back of the cigarette lighter?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
there are some instructions on kiatechinfo.com on how to take out the center console. once you do that, you can get to the back of the cigarette lighter rather easily.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.