Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to test voltage on my battery today and was happy with the results. 14.49 volts at startup. Dropped to 14.43 with AC running, lights on (fogs and lowbeams), and my 1000 watt amp turned up. Keep in mind I have added an extra 4gauge ground cable from battery to chassis, and from motor to chassis. As well as sanding off the paint where the cables connect to chassis. Im not sure if this helped my voltage results at all since I never tested it before. Just thought I'd share the results. Maybe someone withouth the extra grounds can test voltage also and see if its the same. I'm to lazy to remove my grounds. lol. Now thinking of adding my other amp for the door speakers since im not really getting any voltage drop. :smile2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Decided to test voltage on my battery today and was happy with the results. 14.49 volts at startup. Dropped to 14.43 with AC running, lights on (fogs and lowbeams), and my 1000 watt amp turned up. Keep in mind I have added an extra 4gauge ground cable from battery to chassis, and from motor to chassis. As well as sanding off the paint where the cables connect to chassis. Im not sure if this helped my voltage results at all since I never tested it before. Just thought I'd share the results. Maybe someone withouth the extra grounds can test voltage also and see if its the same. I'm to lazy to remove my grounds. lol. Now thinking of adding my other amp for the door speakers since im not really getting any voltage drop. :smile2:
Hi , I added an amp 700w, to a Forte 17, and it seems that the 4 gage to the battery messed with some connection because afterwards my battery started to die, even with the engine on, that caused all dash lights to give me warning. I planned to add a second battery, but a friend told me that my amp wasn't that big to be the problem. I took it to the dealer and battery ok and alternator ok, I bought a volt meter that goes in the lighter. And noticed that after certain time driving, the voltage dropped to 11.9 or 12.3, and after that the battery drained even if I turned the stereo off. One day while the voltage dropped with the car driving. I noticed that if I turned the Lights ON the voltage rised to 14.1 and the car ran normally. WEIRD that that turning lights on instead of lowering the voltage further it rised. Nobody knows what's going on. Regards

·
Registered
465 Posts
it all depends, where you measured the voltage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts