Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
lol just out of plane curiosity, do the police there pull you over for not having your plate on the front? 3/4 of the ppl in where i live dont have their plate on but IF you get pulled over for speeding/illegal lane change/brake light out etc... they will throw the "failure to display a texas state front license plate" and thats like 170 bucks!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
From what I have read on other forums in regards to this BC plates question it is a 90 dollar fine if the cop feels like writing you a ticket. Usually it is a warning but if you don't have any donuts with you, who knows...

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
From what I have read on other forums in regards to this BC plates question it is a 90 dollar fine if the cop feels like writing you a ticket. Usually it is a warning but if you don't have any donuts with you, who knows...
The one time it happen to me on my gen1 Avenger, I got a warning but had to put it on and then go to the police station to prove that it was installed. Luckily, I didn't get a fine.:eek:

PS, I heard a rumor that Alberta might be requiring front plates in the future!

·
Registered
144 Posts
PS, I heard a rumor that Alberta might be requiring front plates in the future!
Hah ! Well.. My source was from back more then two years ago when I had a custom AB plate made for my truck and the employee at the registry ending up saying Alberta is going to be making the switch with a grace period. My personalized plate did come in a pair, but its also been 2+ years, and can you imagine the work involved in making the requirement on already registered vehicles, or enforcing it on any new registrations while there are still older 1-plated vehicles out??

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Alberta used to require two plates many years ago which is why you sometimes get two plates when you register. I doubt they will go back to two after having one for so many years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ive gotten pulled over just over my front plates... total waste of time. he gave me a fix it ticket. i was about a block away from home when it occurred so i went home and came back in 2 minutes so he can write it off :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is illegal and they will ticket you. I used to drive a BMW 528 that had no where to mount a front plate, that's how a dealership in Richmond sold me the car, and I got ticketed 3 times for it. The part to get a plate mounted on the front was $350, so not worth it.

If you don't mind sucking up $90 fines every so often then go for it. But honestly for a little bit of asthetics, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It is illegal and they will ticket you. I used to drive a BMW 528 that had no where to mount a front plate, that's how a dealership in Richmond sold me the car, and I got ticketed 3 times for it. The part to get a plate mounted on the front was $350, so not worth it.

If you don't mind sucking up $90 fines every so often then go for it. But honestly for a little bit of asthetics, it's not worth it.
Thanks for the advice............
It looks crap but I put the front plate on this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.