Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for those living in BC, is it illegal to remove the front license plate on your car?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Just a quick question for those living in BC, is it illegal to remove the front license plate on your car?
It would be illegal to remove the front plate in BC. Move to Alberta so your car can look better without the front plate. :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
lol just out of plane curiosity, do the police there pull you over for not having your plate on the front? 3/4 of the ppl in where i live dont have their plate on but IF you get pulled over for speeding/illegal lane change/brake light out etc... they will throw the "failure to display a texas state front license plate" and thats like 170 bucks!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
From what I have read on other forums in regards to this BC plates question it is a 90 dollar fine if the cop feels like writing you a ticket. Usually it is a warning but if you don't have any donuts with you, who knows...

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
From what I have read on other forums in regards to this BC plates question it is a 90 dollar fine if the cop feels like writing you a ticket. Usually it is a warning but if you don't have any donuts with you, who knows...
The one time it happen to me on my gen1 Avenger, I got a warning but had to put it on and then go to the police station to prove that it was installed. Luckily, I didn't get a fine.:eek:

PS, I heard a rumor that Alberta might be requiring front plates in the future!

·
Registered
144 Posts
PS, I heard a rumor that Alberta might be requiring front plates in the future!
Hah ! Well.. My source was from back more then two years ago when I had a custom AB plate made for my truck and the employee at the registry ending up saying Alberta is going to be making the switch with a grace period. My personalized plate did come in a pair, but its also been 2+ years, and can you imagine the work involved in making the requirement on already registered vehicles, or enforcing it on any new registrations while there are still older 1-plated vehicles out??

·
Registered
230 Posts
Good news though.... they are trying to get rid of front plates and save 15 million a year. So we may see no front plates by 2012 or 13..

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Alberta used to require two plates many years ago which is why you sometimes get two plates when you register. I doubt they will go back to two after having one for so many years.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
It would be illegal to remove the front plate in BC. Move to Alberta so your car can look better without the front plate. :)
...or move up north here to the Yukon. We don't have it here, either :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
ive gotten pulled over just over my front plates... total waste of time. he gave me a fix it ticket. i was about a block away from home when it occurred so i went home and came back in 2 minutes so he can write it off :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is illegal and they will ticket you. I used to drive a BMW 528 that had no where to mount a front plate, that's how a dealership in Richmond sold me the car, and I got ticketed 3 times for it. The part to get a plate mounted on the front was $350, so not worth it.

If you don't mind sucking up $90 fines every so often then go for it. But honestly for a little bit of asthetics, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It is illegal and they will ticket you. I used to drive a BMW 528 that had no where to mount a front plate, that's how a dealership in Richmond sold me the car, and I got ticketed 3 times for it. The part to get a plate mounted on the front was $350, so not worth it.

If you don't mind sucking up $90 fines every so often then go for it. But honestly for a little bit of asthetics, it's not worth it.
Thanks for the advice............
It looks crap but I put the front plate on this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts