Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this last monday was my birthday and my parents took me to go get my windows tinted. i got 20% on the driver and passenger side windows and 5% on the rear windows. its pretty much the best bday present ever. here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thats a sleek looking ride !

Happy Belated Birthday by the way :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pics don't do any justice. I love it. And he did it for only $125. Its his standard rape for HP tint. All my buddies at work wanted his phone number lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
The pics don't do any justice. I love it. And he did it for only $125. Its his standard rape for HP tint. All my buddies at work wanted his phone number lol
Really paid out the ass for those tints huh?

Haha, anyway happy birthday it looks great. The white koup is my favorite and with tints it looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Nice Aidensgrand! :D Looks goooood. Now the question is... can you see out the windows at night...?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, first, spell correct... standard raTe not rape lol and second I can see fine out my front windows but I can't see jack out the back windows at night. During the day I can see fine

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Dam, then I'm going to get 20 on my back windows.. maybe 15... not too sure.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh........seeing out of the back window at night is overated!

After all, if the po po is behind you, I'm sure you'll hear the sirens.

LOL.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thats why I went 17% on rear due to night time driving and backing up. I had 5% on previous vehicle and that was my biggest dislike on my tinting.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will say that backing up at night is nearly impossible if you don't use the side mirrors. And the first day I had it I was worried I was gunna get pulled over because the legal limit for the front windows is 35% but I don't worry about it anymore. But I totally love the look and the temp difference inside the car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have 5% on all my windows- at first it was a pain in the rear, but now I've gotten use to it. I think in time you will adjust also.

The thing that still gets me is backing into a parking space-- my Koup is wider than my previous car and the turning radius is not as sharp. I just can't seem to get that crap right on the first try. I guess there is always something :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Got 20% all around on mine...so I thought. Got pulled over yesterday for my tint being too dark. Cop's meter showed it to be 12%. Only got a warning, so that was cool.

Got a speeding ticket a while back and that cop also measured the darkness of my tint...he said 18%. Again, only got a warning, to go with the speeding ticket.

How accurate are the meters they use? A 33% variance is huge IMO!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
i suck at math, so that might be why i dont understand this. but where is the 33% coming from? lol
the difference between 12 and 18 is 6, 6 is 1/3 of 18 or 33%. He is referring to the difference in readings of the 2 meters.:)

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Got my tints in 15% all around but it was for aesthetic purposes only. I have a real hard time parallel parking with the tints (impossible at night) and I don't even attempt it now since I've put new wheels on. They'll come in handy during the summer though I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I went 20% all around. I wanted to do 5% on the back but since most of my driving is done at night or dusk I didn't go that route.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I went 20% all around. I wanted to do 5% on the back but since most of my driving is done at night or dusk I didn't go that route.
Do you find 20% is just perfect? or is it just a smidge difficult to see in dark?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you find 20% is just perfect? or is it just a smidge difficult to see in dark?
I say its a smiidge difficult. It'll take a tad of time to get used to it but seeing out my front windows at night is a tad harder. Not to significant tho

1 - 20 of 25 Posts