Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to find a way to mount a beer tap handle as a shifter knob cause my stock one is starting to get pretty beat up somehow. Any suggestions on how this could be accomplished??

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have actually done this before. I had a 1959 VW Bug and the shifter was threaded. I took a tap and matched it up....walla!!!!

had to share this...I was just typing and instead of shifter I typed shiter....it looked wrong but took me a minute to figure it out. LOL

·
Registered
288 Posts
Being that i used the same "handle" for both my dual tapped kegerator and my shifter.....you can say my shifter is a tap handle.

·
Registered
377 Posts
No love for darth vader? And you expect him to tell you! Tssk tskk!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes thats exactly what i want to do but with a beer tap handle, basically just got to find one that has the right threads. or somehow maguyver something to hold it on there

·
Registered
288 Posts
yes thats exactly what i want to do but with a beer tap handle, basically just got to find one that has the right threads. or somehow maguyver something to hold it on there

hot glue. hot glue fixes everything

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally found a suitable shift knob, Had to drill out the threads on the inside so it would fit over the shift handle, worked out pretty good i guess, I could shorten it, but I wanna leave it so I can go back to stock whenever possible.
here's the result

·
Registered
288 Posts
Alright....but budweiser?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was that or BudLight, not too much out there I could find in a short version.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The Koup is a beautifully designed automobile and deserves better than that.
I tend to disagree, the stock shifter is a piece of shit. And this is in my eyes is an upgrade. might not be your choice of beer, it isn't my best choice either, I just like this tap in this situation.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why do you say it's a POS? I have had my car for 11 months now and it still looks like new. If you are driving automatic like I am then there really is no reason for the stock shifter to wear poorly, you are only putting it in drive not moving it around like manual shifting] and the way the shifter is made you should barely come into contact with the silver painted area.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I say it's a piece of shit because it is. 2 weeks into having the car the shifter starts to peel. Pretty shitty in my opinion, and I don't use manual mode. Many people have had this issue with the paint peeling.....

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.