Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around online and found "aircraft" H1 Bulbs. These are supposedly the bulbs used on jets both for constant lighting and for strobe.

They are H1, 100W (compared to 55W stock), and put out 2000 Lumens (compared to 1000 Stock, and compared to 3000 lumen from a 35W HID)

Anyone try them before?

The Largest Aircraft Bulb Distributor

·
Registered
432 Posts
"Aircraft bulb", lol.

The title of the page is "USHIO 100W JA Series 12V H1-100 Aircraft Bulb", which suggests the bulb is 12v, 100 watts, which is most likely too much for the stock wiring/housing.

But then if you read the specs:

Voltage (V) 24
Wattage (W) 70

It just doesn't match... Forget it!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How exactly are you planning on igniting these? The ballast you have now won't come close. Your wiring will just burst into flames. May be wrong but I doubt any jet or any plane runs a 12V/1 Battery system.

·
Registered
284 Posts
op try looking up HIR bulbs as alternative to HID's, - not sure if they have them in our size but its worth a google

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ya the specs say its for a 24v system. So it woud end badly.

·
Registered
708 Posts
op try looking up HIR bulbs as alternative to HID's, - not sure if they have them in our size but its worth a google
holy shit someone else knows about these lol i've only found them in 9005 and 9006 so if you find someplae with other bulbs let me know lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^^
it makes no diffrence there set up for 24 volts we only use 12
Ok I should say you risk a fire..

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I used these in my high beams...NOK7217 H1 80w they seem to work but next to my 5k 55w lows they do still seem dull.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I am not running any harness...I bought them from a local shop in Sudbury. The owner has been using them as 55w replacements for years...so far in for over 2 months and no issues, but then again I never use my high beams any more...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah use them for any extended period of time and you are just going to burn your harness up and make a complete mess for yourself. Anything over 55w is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
sje0123....I have 55w 5k HID lows and 35w 5k HID fogs....when I turn on my high beams...I have less light coming from the front of my car..LOL.. I only use high beams to flash oncoming traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts