Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
"Aircraft bulb", lol.

The title of the page is "USHIO 100W JA Series 12V H1-100 Aircraft Bulb", which suggests the bulb is 12v, 100 watts, which is most likely too much for the stock wiring/housing.

But then if you read the specs:

Voltage (V) 24
Wattage (W) 70

It just doesn't match... Forget it!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How exactly are you planning on igniting these? The ballast you have now won't come close. Your wiring will just burst into flames. May be wrong but I doubt any jet or any plane runs a 12V/1 Battery system.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ya the specs say its for a 24v system. So it woud end badly.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I used these in my high beams...NOK7217 H1 80w they seem to work but next to my 5k 55w lows they do still seem dull.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I am not running any harness...I bought them from a local shop in Sudbury. The owner has been using them as 55w replacements for years...so far in for over 2 months and no issues, but then again I never use my high beams any more...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
sje0123....I have 55w 5k HID lows and 35w 5k HID fogs....when I turn on my high beams...I have less light coming from the front of my car..LOL.. I only use high beams to flash oncoming traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.