Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some input on the best brand of USB flash drive to use, and the optimal sized to get?? like should i splurge and buy a good one for like $60-80 or just buy a factorydirect.ca shitter one??

·
Registered
513 Posts
you should be able to do an 8 gig or 16 gig for 20 - 30$ Tigerdirect.ca has some good ones..

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I suggest to go cheap and around 8GB so that loading times are not noticeable and if it fries it didn't really cost much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use a Corsair Flash Voyager 8 GB.... Very nice !! You can find it on ebay !! ;)

Nick

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
audio books take up quite a bit of space for those very long drives.
Audio can have a low bitrate, sine you aren't listening for quality. Use audacity a free program to convert the bitrate so they take up less space!!
LESS WEIGHT MEANS FASTER 1/4 mile times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
btw newegg has a corsair 32 and a 64 Gig. That's a lot of music, or war and peace. You could even learn Spanish.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233106&cm_re=corsair_flash-_-20-233-106-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233115&cm_re=corsair_flash-_-20-233-115-_-Product

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
lol not 32 gigs worth. my srt has a dvd player that plays mp3's. I burn dual layers ( about 8 gigs) and i rock them for about 6months b4 i toss em in the garbage.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think a 16gb size should be enough, i have multiple genre of music at around 14gb each, i just hope the loading time isnt too long

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am currently using an HP 4gb v115 flash drive I got from Fry's
FRYS.com | HP

and it is more than enough space to keep my current playlists and audio files on-hand.

I tried to use a PNY 8gb micro attache, that I also found at Fry's
FRYS.com | PNY

but it went write-protected on me as I was transferring files onto it and so I had to take it back.

For me, 4gb is a lot of space, because I only listen to my AUX when I am having issues with my Sirius or if Sirius gets boring. I decided I am not going to spend more than $25 on a flash drive that I leave in the car because with the temperature extremes, I don't expect them to last more than 6 months.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have two 4 gb flash. One in my car and one at home, then I interchange as I update my music.

:) too many gb slows my 1/4 times :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'll be using my spare 16gb sandisk cruzer, as I have it might as well use it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts