Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im looking at the forte koup and picking one up very shortly... still not sure if im gunna get the 2.0L or the 2.4L but i like the 6m and the fuel economy isnt to much worse then the 2.0L... anyways.. i cant decide which color to get... the orange is nice, the blue its pretty sweet too and the titanium isnt bad ether but i think its to similiar to silver(trying to get away from silver... familys last 5 cars have been silver!) i live in canada so i think the colors are different in the USA. i want a metallic colour... want my baby to *SHINE* so ya, any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought the Burnt Orange SX and love it, my wife bought the black ex with sunroof. We both love our cars but I have way more fun driving my SX. It is worth the extra money especially financing over 5 years.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Silver is best then when you get the rock chips you won't really notice them. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i know that the color best for me is what i want in the end but im just wondering which colors look the best on the koup... everyone has preference.. just curious what u guys think and what you guys got. pictures dont always show off a color right and the kia dealer is in the city

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have several pictures if you click my name and choose view public profile. Same with some other members

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's how I proceeded:
1. Choose car colour that match best the alloy rims (I got the EX and didn't plan on changing them)
2. Maintenance-wise, dark colours are the worst especially in our winterland and salted roads.
3. How do I want to feel driving? A sporty toy car (think electric blue or copperhead), or a more conservative (silver, black, titanium, or white).
4. Personally, i think the red in Canada has a bit of orange in it, so don't love it.

... I finally choose the silver! IMO, all colours look pretty good. Depends what you want!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I'm partial to the Blue but here's a couple of things to think about.

If you're in Canada, the Koup is available in orange but not on the sedan so that makes orange more special and if you get the white SX Koup, that's not available in the US. Also, there are 2 different reds, Racing Red and Radiant Red Metallic, I had considered the Radiant Red but couldn't get it soon enough so I took the Blue.

Just some food for thought.

WHOOPS! The Radiant Red Metallic is only available on the Sedan...my bad!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Titanium was my choice, it doesnt show the dirt much, black is a biach to keep clean, and it shows every single scratch.

Check out my album too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
well i test drove the koup sx tonight and i loved it!!! it pulls pretty hard. and i drove my friends turbo SI. and the forte pulls really good just stock. =D! im from Los Angeles and im a huge Dodgers fan so im going for the Blue just like i went with my Spectra Sx. im headed to the dealership again tomorrow to try and work out a deal on the Koup so wish me luck. just remember one thing when choosing your color... you are the one who is going to look at it everyday and the koup looks great in any color. trust your gut!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm partial to the Blue but here's a couple of things to think about.

If you're in Canada, the Koup is available in orange but not on the sedan so that makes orange more special and if you get the white SX Koup, that's not available in the US. Also, there are 2 different reds, Racing Red and Radiant Red Metallic, I had considered the Radiant Red but couldn't get it soon enough so I took the Blue.

Just some food for thought.

WHOOPS! The Radiant Red Metallic is only available on the Sedan...my bad!:rolleyes:
In Canada, there's only ONE red colour:(...

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I like all of the "bright" colours like red, orange, and blue. Silver and white are more mature colour choices imo. Titanium is pretty nice but I would prefer it if it was a bit darker like the dark gray metallic you see on Mazda3's. Black is something I wouldn't consider getting because my last car was black, it shows all scratches, chips, and specks of dirt, and I like how the front grille and rear diffuser really pops out against the other colours.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Personally I love my titanium sedan! I wanted something that looked more business-like (executive if you will) than sporty. I feel that the bright colors make the car look sportier and flashy, where the titanium, silver, black, white and darker red make it look more elegant (at least in the sedan). The titanium is also great at hiding dirt and dust as is the silver. You have to see the car in person to know what color really jumps out at you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well if I lived in Canada it would be easy for me....I'd get a White SX Koup, of course then I'd have to get the Door Handles painted White LOL. I Do Not Know why they Don't Offer White on the SX Koup in the US. But since they don't I'll be getting mine in Silver.

My Second Choice would be Titanium (Or is it technically my 3rd choice since I can't have White? LOL) Then the Next Choice would be Corsa Blue, but I really do not want another dark colored car.

Dark colors are a Pain In the Ass to Keep clean, Show Every Scratch and Swirl Mark, as well as attract too much Heat. Living in Florida, between the Sun and the Rain a Light Color works best for me. Not to mention, I also like how the Grill, Fog Light Trim, and Rear Diffuser Pop on a Light Color and so will My Dark Tinted Windows (Also to help with this Florida Heat).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Is there anyway to order a white SX in the US? how much extra would you have to pay?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I just bought my SX Koup on March 31st. I really wanted Copperhead, but the dealer had no clue when or if any would be coming anytime soon. However, a blue 6sp showed up, and that's what's sittin in my driveway now! The Corsa Blue is amazing, especially in the sunlight. It also stands out at night too with a nice soft tint or glow to it. I'd recommend Copperhead, Corsa Blue, or Racing Red, they complement the Koup's nature best.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Light Graphite looks great and the color must have been added later on as I didn't see it listed in the Canuck brochure.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts