Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering in your opinon what is the best exhaust kit out there. I'm looking to put in an exhaust kit after figuring out my warranty and how it works with my dealer. I like the CAT Back Exhaust, High Flow CAT and CAI that Turbo-kits.com supplies. Are there any other sick sounding kits or anything like that. Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
The exhaust kits there are avalible are:

Solo
Turbo Kits
Ark
Sevenism

No1 on the fourms owns either the Ark or Sevenism but a quick search you can find videos of them and they sound really good...

Sevenism costs like 1000+
Ark and Turbo Kits are about the same price
Solo is the least expensive but gets the same gains as the above and if they offered burnt tips i would own one!!

As far as warranty goes Turbo kits has a post about some bill that was passed that says they cant void your entire warranty because of aftermarket parts only not cover the after market parts or anything the after market parts messed up... so say you install an exhaust and your lights keep burning out your lights are still under warranty but if you install HIDS and your lights burn out they dont have to cover them

hope this helps and im sure others will pitch it but there are TONS of threads on exhausts do a search

Reactions: CaptainShanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ABout the warranty, that is correct I just talked to the Kia customer service earlier today. The Solo exhaust didnt impress me too much it doesnt really sound that good to me. The Turbo-kits exhaust does sound good with the CAI and High Flow CAT and obviously the CAT Back Exhaust. The Sevenism on is still a mystery I cant find any videos for how it sounds, but for that much money I dont know. The Ark Performance exhaust proboly sounds the best from the youtube video ive been looking at. Also there is a JunBL exhaust but I cant find it anywhere ( a sound clip that is). Finally, Aidensgrand has a Magnaflow Muffler (12865) and the Turbo-kits CAI and it sounds pretty nice but I still think Ark has it beat. He has a youtube video of it too.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
ABout the warranty, that is correct I just talked to the Kia customer service earlier today. The Solo exhaust didnt impress me too much it doesnt really sound that good to me. The Turbo-kits exhaust does sound good with the CAI and High Flow CAT and obviously the CAT Back Exhaust. The Sevenism on is still a mystery I cant find any videos for how it sounds, but for that much money I dont know. The Ark Performance exhaust proboly sounds the best from the youtube video ive been looking at. Also there is a JunBL exhaust but I cant find it anywhere ( a sound clip that is). Finally, Aidensgrand has a Magnaflow Muffler (12865) and the Turbo-kits CAI and it sounds pretty nice but I still think Ark has it beat. He has a youtube video of it too.
You do, of course, realize that a youtube video is not the same thing as hearing it in person? I have the Solo Performance (quiet version) and it sounds great! IMO the ARK youtube video makes the Ark exhaust sound like the usual 4-banger-with-a-noisy-exhaust-sound --appeals to juveniles...I wanted a more "adult" sound.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes there is JunBL but i dont think it fits because it has the 2 mufflers on either side and i dont think there is room for them... iv heard the 7ism one before ill try and find it

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
Yes there is JunBL but i dont think it fits because it has the 2 mufflers on either side and i dont think there is room for them... iv heard the 7ism one before ill try and find it
The dual outlet exhaust doesn't fit because of the emissions box under the NA models. If you just have to have the dual outlet exhaust you would have to reposition the emissions box.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I understand that but even still the video gives a pretty good idea of how it sounds and I dont know if it was the quiet one or not but the Solo exhaust i looked at just sounded like farts. I wish they could just slap a Subaru WRX STi exhaust on it and be done, those are amazing ha. But so far in my opinon the Ark is my favorite but hey lets see some of your guys' and maybe prove me wrong.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Obviuosly you've made up your mind...so what's the point of this thread? Ark plant again maybe?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I wonder how much they pay these people hahahaha

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had the prototype exhaust from Ark and loved it. they just installed the final product with a test pipe. it sounds freaking siiiiiick.......... i defenitly recommend ARK Performance...

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Seriously Ark is the worst sounding exhaust of the bunch. It sounds like the old days with the Civics from Fast & the Furious. It's seriously a kid's kit. Bumble bees in a fart can.

Personally I like both the Solo kit and the TK kit. Solo's kit has the edge in price. ALSO both Solo and TK support our forums & were the first to produce something for our car on this side of the pond. Not to mention both these companies play clean and are just selling a quality product.

Ark on the other hand won't pay to advertise, came on the forums with plants to bash other products. If your product was good just show us it's good and let the people decide. I'm sure there's still more plants to be found.

The 7ism kit sounds pretty wicked too but it won't fit. Those dual outlets are ballin'.

·
Registered
519 Posts
7ism exhuast on koup

·
Registered
519 Posts
here is another video....

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would go with the ark its freakin awesome sounds awesome too atleast it sounds sweet online i cant wait to hear it in person

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See that 7ism exhaust sound amazing, the one I saw online sounded like shit but that one sounds prefect! Cost?, And should I get a CAI with an exhaust system?

·
Registered
519 Posts
you will deff want to get a CAI or atleast replace the stock air filter box with a cone filter... i believe the 7ism exhuast is on Korean Auto Imports website for over $1000

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That same one that was in that video and are there any other performance parts to look at?

·
Registered
519 Posts
yes, the same one and i would tell the company you buy it from that it might not fit and if it dosent you want to be able to return it no questions asked

IT MAY NOT FIT because of the emissions box on the American Koups is supposedly in the way of the dual outlet.... so i would check that out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts