Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just became illegal today to drive while talking on a hand-held device.... you need a hands-free kit now.

What do you guys suggest is the best hands-free kit? Are the visor-mounted ones any good??

·
Registered
37 Posts
I never liked the visor mounted ones. They aren't supposed to pick up background noise but find they always do - almost to the point where the person on the other end can't hear you.

I just picked up a motorola bluetooth headset and it seems to be the best. Only cost about $50 bucks and does what I need it to do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I find it funny that you are asking about Bluetooth handsfree kits in a Kia Forte forum seeing as how every model of the Forte has the Bluetooth handsfree feature as standard equipment. I'm assuming that you are asking about this for a different car as the Bluetooth on the Forte is one of the best on the market.

The best Bluetooth handsfree kit that I've ever used (and I've tried many) is the Motorola T505 visor mount one. I have it paired with my BlackBerry Curve and it sounds fine when you use it with the built in speaker but is much clearer when you have it go through your car stereo. Everyone that I've talked to says that I sound like I'm talking on a cell phone, no real echo or background noise (as long as your windows aren't down). Most of the earpiece ones I've used (LG, Motorola, Samsung) have not only been annoying to wear, but either hard for me to hear the person or for them to hear me. The T505 has been the best Bluetooth accessory I've ever bought. Now that I have the Forte, I hope that I won't have to use any aftermarket Bluetooth devices again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find it funny that you are asking about Bluetooth handsfree kits in a Kia Forte forum seeing as how every model of the Forte has the Bluetooth handsfree feature as standard equipment. I'm assuming that you are asking about this for a different car as the Bluetooth on the Forte is one of the best on the market.
Now that I have the Forte, I hope that I won't have to use any aftermarket Bluetooth devices again!

I was wondering when this was going to be brought up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? OK.... i guess my next question is then.... how do I pair my phone up to the Forte bluetooth? I'm not really sure what to do??? errr maybe i should just read the owners manual :S lol

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Really? OK.... i guess my next question is then.... how do I pair my phone up to the Forte bluetooth? I'm not really sure what to do??? errr maybe i should just read the owners manual :S lol
Easy task! Took me 10 mins. Your phone manual will be more helpfull as the forte has almost no setting!
GL
Edit: I'm also a newby with bluetooth.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Turn the bluetooth setting "ON" on your phone

Push the bottom right button on your steering wheel

Say...Set up

Say...Pair phone

If your phone is like mine...i had to click on yes to accept "FORTE" on my bluetooth setting.

I think I covered it all. VERY easy.....I was surprised cause I am NOT good with things like this.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. Your car can't be moving when you do this. Safety is #1...hahaha:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do care about this question; Ceratos (Fortes) here in Panama don't come standard with Bluetooth. I'm looking into Bluetooth speakers to get the job done.

Nokia is sending me HF-510 to try it out with my N86 and a trial N97. I'll post up my results with my Cerato and see if it's worthy enough to get my money :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts