Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Before you go and get hot and bothered because someone disagrees with you, I used your vaunted google and got just as many returns about how good a product lexol is. I also googled leatherique vs. lexol and got equal returns as well. That is the problem with the internet anyone can post anything. Its not considered a good source for acemdemic papers and has as many falsehoods as truths. You have to take eveything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. That said, I prefer Lexol because its easy to use and relatively inexpensive unlike Leatherique which has to reach a temp of 100 degrees before it soaks in completely. In fact one of the forum discussions I saw said to properly treat with leatherique in the winter, REMOVE THE SEAT AND STORE WITH SPACE HEATER INSIDE. It may do a great job but I'd rather not take my car apart just to get the leatherique shine in the wintertime.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Haha lexol at all the detailers you know? And at the Lexus dealer? Yeah- a car dealer is going to use the finest they can buy. They don't care about profit margin, and they are going to spend tons of time prepping the leather in customers cars so that it lasts forever. Haha

I think seeing lexol in a dealer service bay just proves it's midgrade, a step above armor all, more on par with meguiars and griots.

The op in this thread asked what's the "best". Most agree leatherique is the best consumer grade auto leather product. If you aren't familiar enough with detailing I could see how you could write huge rants about lexol. Once you become a more aware consumer and with more experience you'll appreciate finer products while still giving props to less expensive options.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Before you go and get hot and bothered because someone disagrees with you, I used your vaunted google and got just as many returns about how good a product lexol is. I also googled leatherique vs. lexol and got equal returns as well. That is the problem with the internet anyone can post anything. Its not considered a good source for acemdemic papers and has as many falsehoods as truths. You have to take eveything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. That said, I prefer Lexol because its easy to use and relatively inexpensive unlike Leatherique which has to reach a temp of 100 degrees before it soaks in completely. In fact one of the forum discussions I saw said to properly treat with leatherique in the winter, REMOVE THE SEAT AND STORE WITH SPACE HEATER INSIDE. It may do a great job but I'd rather not take my car apart just to get the leatherique shine in the wintertime.
How can you say you prefer Lexol? Prefer it to what? What other product have you actually compared it to? Here is another link that shows what Leatherique can actually do: Leatherique Leather Care How-To – Detailed Image

Please produce, pics of what Lexol can do?? Somebody? Anybody???

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.