Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For most of the other makes of vehicles I have owned, there either were CD/DVD parts & service manuals one could obtain, or good online references or parts vendors one could use to research the entire parts catalog to get part numbers, see assembly diagrams, and compare part changes and options. This also goes for electrical diagrams and service manuals.

There are several Kia parts dealers online that have reasonably good diagrams and parts listings, but I'm not sure they are comprehensive.

What are the best online or reference (CD/DVD/other software sources for Kia parts and electrical service manuals and parts listings?

Is there a software package for Kia service manuals and parts catalogs?

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
From my hrs of searching & reading. Kia was free several yrs ago then began charging whatever they wanted either per hr, day week monthly etc. I don't know if Kia still does. I googled search for my manual. It was $40 & took 2 months to get from seller. They had to get it from Australia in PDF format. The version I got is comprehensive & detailed like a Chilton repair manual. Has helped alot.

Also the search on this site helps alot too. The search field is your friend.

·
Registered
207 Posts

This has helped me immensely. Especially in areas that are hard to get to or can't. May not be an official Chilton's manual but it was worth the $40 I paid for & waiting 2 months to get it in PDF format. I have this repair manual on my phone, tablet, laptop & saved in mass drive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, do you have a title or other identifying information of the PDF manual that you have so one could search for it?

All I've found so far is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/b1g9mp

...and unfortunately that resource is very expensive as of 5 years ago, when it used to be free. Although, to give some credit to Kia; depending on the work or research an average owner may need, $19 for 72 hours access is a nice compromise for the occasional versus professional user. A lot of other subscription technical tools and references only offer professional (month/annual) subscriptions, and some require proof of being a professional mechanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts