Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got the 2019 Forte LXS about a year ago and I would like to improve the all around driving performance. Anybody have any suggestions for starting aftermarket parts?
Glad to be able to communicate with other Forte owners who have more current knowledge about the car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If would like more pep in your throttle response you could start with a throttle response controller. What are you looking for/to do with ur car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If would like more pep in your throttle response you could start with a throttle response controller. What are you looking for/to do with ur car?

Definitely more throttle response, the Pedal Commander looks good I might try that. Do you have any personal experience with it? Also would my warranty void with this installation?

Would like more HP overall since the base LXS really lacks it. Also if you had a suggestion for a more affordable wheel company? I see most aftermarket parts are built around the GT.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you are really worried about warranty, most will tell you not to even mod your car. This is plug and play easy removable as well when going into service. Mods will need to be proven to be the cause of the issue that will void warranty. Good read and more in detail: The Truth About the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

I will most likely go with Racechip XLR pedal tuner for my GT. Pedal Commander would be my 2nd choice. Take some time look through the links in the thread I posted with links on 1st page you find there is stuff for your vehicle. Sadly there may not be good gain HP addons for the non turbo. For wheels I haven't looked into. I like my GT wheels. 😃. Our cars look great for a affordable Kia Forte. Hope you also are loving the look and style 😃.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a very interesting thread, glad I selected it. I don't have a pedal commander on my forte as I like it as is but I do have experience with pedal commanders and can say I love mine! I've had one on my challenger for over a year with zero issues on the car OR at the dealership when I take it in for service. You can turn it off when taking it in and everything is as normal.

Be aware though that the pedal commander DOES NOT increase hp or torque. It only gives you the power your vehicle already has but it gets it to you NOW. IMMEDIATELY. It also of course depends on the setting you have it on. Ranges from eco, city, sport and sport+. Within each of those there are 8 settings to micro tune

It's a very easy plug and play, plugs right into your throttle sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you are really worried about warranty, most will tell you not to even mod your car. This is plug and play easy removable as well when going into service. Mods will need to be proven to be the cause of the issue that will void warranty. Good read and more in detail: The Truth About the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

I will most likely go with Racechip XLR pedal tuner for my GT. Pedal Commander would be my 2nd choice. Take some time look through the links in the thread I posted with links on 1st page you find there is stuff for your vehicle. Sadly there may not be good gain HP addons for the non turbo. For wheels I haven't looked into. I like my GT wheels. 😃. Our cars look great for a affordable Kia Forte. Hope you also are loving the look and style 😃.
I'm going to give the Pedal Commander a try! I have heard of the Magnuson Moss Act but I did not know the whole truth to it so thank you for the info. I really appreciate the help, especially since I am just getting into the aftermarket scene. And yes of course the Forte's look beautiful! I think Kia is killing it with their designs in general lately! Will let you know how the chip works!

This is a very interesting thread, glad I selected it. I don't have a pedal commander on my forte as I like it as is but I do have experience with pedal commanders and can say I love mine! I've had one on my challenger for over a year with zero issues on the car OR at the dealership when I take it in for service. You can turn it off when taking it in and everything is as normal.

Be aware though that the pedal commander DOES NOT increase hp or torque. It only gives you the power your vehicle already has but it gets it to you NOW. IMMEDIATELY. It also of course depends on the setting you have it on. Ranges from eco, city, sport and sport+. Within each of those there are 8 settings to micro tune
It's a very easy plug and play, plugs right into your throttle sensor.
Glad to hear from someone who has one installed and enjoys it!! Also good to hear there have been no issues or anything. P.C. seems like a reliable choice. Will let you know how mine works on the Forte! Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did forget one thing. I HAVE heard about some people having issues with their cars kind of going into limp mode on the freeway after adjusting the commander settings. I believe most, if not all, of those issues were caused by adjusting the PC while driving. I have always made sure I'm at a complete stop before making changes and like I said, problem free.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did forget one thing. I HAVE heard about some people having issues with their cars kind of going into limp mode on the freeway after adjusting the commander settings. I believe most, if not all, of those issues were caused by adjusting the PC while driving. I have always made sure I'm at a complete stop before making changes and like I said, problem free.
Yup heard the same thing with ppl adjusting PC while driving. Not a smart idea lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to take note! Thank you for the heads up, glad I had it now before I made the same mistake. Will definitely keep that in mind.
Also good to know that I can just turn it off when bringing it to the dealership (or take it off completely). It will be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes to my Forte, cannot wait!
I heard If you leave it in your cart for a while they will send you a code for a discount so we'll see.
Thanks again for the replies!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
112 Posts
Hey guys, got the 2019 Forte LXS about a year ago and I would like to improve the all around driving performance. Anybody have any suggestions for starting aftermarket parts?
Glad to be able to communicate with other Forte owners who have more current knowledge about the car.
I would do a performance air filter like K&N or Green. Next, a throttle controller. Then a Borla exhaust. I would look into managing heat, like an exhaust wrap.

I did this to my 2016 Mazda 3 minus the exhaust. I'm still working on that. It made my 3 more fun to drive. I got a K&N filter, Sprint Booster, and exhaust heat wrap.

My GT has a Green filter, exhaust heat wrap, and a modified Velossa Tech big mouth from a Elantra GT.

I wouldn't expect big gains from the non-GT, but power isn't everything. But if my 3 is similar to the Forte in driving dynamics, it should be really fun in the winding roads after these mods.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Harsh reality, I had to rewrite this two or three times -

1) Trade In the LXS for Forte GT or Civic Sport
2) Buy a cheap project car
3) Install a nitrous kit on the LXS

If you want the most bang for your buck and more performance those are your only choices really. Anything else is nibbling around with the edges.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate all the replies! I have a lot to think about... Will let y'all know what ends up happening.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you looked into K&N's intake for the 2020 Forte 2.0?
So your encouraging somebody to spend over $200 for maybe 5-7 hp, maybe?

As I said above best bang for the buck is nitrous oxide. Kits are less than decent cold air intake and make 8-10 times the power on pump gas without any special tuning.

There is no way around it. Real performance is not about nibbling around the edges.

I have one mod on my Forte GT and it makes 251whp.

The only thing worth doing is nitrous, turbo kit or trade-in. In-between buy a is PS5 it's a better investment.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

As I said above best bang for the buck is nitrous oxide. Kits are less than decent cold air intake and make 8-10 times the power on pump gas without any special tuning.

There is no way around it. Real performance is not about nibbling around the edges.

The only thing worth doing is nitrous, turbo kit or trade-in. In-between buy a is PS5 it's a better investment.
I apologize. I had reacted to the OP's title: "Best starting performance modifications". I hadn't realized you were the ultimate authority on this subject. Next time I'll be sure to run my posts by you first for your approval.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I apologize. I had reacted to the OP's title: "Best starting performance modifications". I hadn't realized you were the ultimate authority on this subject. Next time I'll be sure to run my posts by you first for your approval.
First off @AThomas, This is just my daily driver lol. I was on here trying to find some aftermarket parts to make my boring drives more entertaining, not to try and build a race car out of a sedan. I read your opinion in the earlier posts, no need to keep stating it. It's obvious that the non GT version won't make serious power, even with modifications. Neither will the GT compared to many other cars... It's all about your budget.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: @ForteSX2.4 I have not looked into any K & N intakes, thank you for the suggestion. Haven't done anything to the Forte yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I already have a nitrous kit installed on my school bus if you want a race!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts