Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend painted my calipers for me last night for my V-day present!

it started off as a joke, but then she comes over after work and says " Lets do this shit!"

Ill be posting pictures a little later today. I have to get a car wash :rolleyes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
This thread is useless without pictures! :D
x2. But that is one hell of a girl you got there! That's on my to-do list once the blizzard passes...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K keep in mind that these pics were taken at 1 AM and its been raining all week so haven't had a chance to wash the car.. which is very upsetting!

Also i plan on having a full photo shoot by the end of sunday or begining of next week.

P.s. if you guys want a certain picture for me to take just reply and ill be glad to take the shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
hmm you can get the koup wheels on the sedan.. didnt know that i like the murderd out look too

·
Registered
696 Posts
Looks really good! Did you use anything special? Or just locally available caliper paint?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just simple dupli-color caliper paint kit, didnt really need the whole kit just wanted the brush on paint.

it comes with this caliper cleaner which is nice but iv only had the car a week so i didnt need the cleaner. just steamed cleaned them really quick.

the kit comes with this brush that it good for getting in the small detail parts but i went to the 99 cent store and got the sponge brush which made the hole thing 10xs better!. i cant really say how easy it was because my GF did all the painting for me but she said it wasnt to bad, just have to be careful.

·
Registered
533 Posts
On your wheels did you pop out the inserts to paint them? I wanna pop out the silver and redo it as well just not sure how?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i was planing on painting them black, i want to make sure they match the black gloss tho cuz noone wants off colored wheels. taking off the inserts was easy as pie just take off the wheel and there r 3 screws for each insert and they come right out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up! Your girl did a great job for you on the breaks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts