Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously looking into lowering my SX a bit. Not stancing it like I want to but lowering it for now. It is a 3 year lease so I'm wondering if you guys have any opinions on how I should lower this car. Springs vs. Coilovers?

I don't really look forward to having to maintain the springs with the stock shocks and all that. I know that coilovers will be easier to deal with but I just don't know about dropping a grand for a 2-inch drop.

Opinions on how I should do this?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
just curious are you planing to buy the car at the end of your lease?
if yes great
(I know some lease are option to buy)

then I'd say go for it..

if you plan on turning the car in then I'd not if I was you but in the end its your choice..

Some thoughts if you do drop it
if you decide to do springs there cheaper and IMO 2inch drop should not effect stock struts too much. ( might have to readjust camber or toe alittle but even that won't be much.

still thou you do run a risk of getting crap from the dealer on this so check with your local tech see if there going to freak out or not.
and at the end of the lease you'll have to put everything back otherwise they most of the time try to make you pay.. for breaking lease etc.. I'd also read your lease to make sure there is nothing in that could get you into a big cash trouble issue down the road.

·
Registered
306 Posts
just curious are you planing to buy the car at the end of your lease?
if yes great
(I know some lease are option to buy)

then I'd say go for it..

if you plan on turning the car in then I'd not if I was you but in the end its your choice..

Some thoughts if you do drop it
if you decide to do springs there cheaper and IMO 2inch drop should not effect stock struts too much. ( might have to readjust camber or toe alittle but even that won't be much.

still thou you do run a risk of getting crap from the dealer on this so check with your local tech see if there going to freak out or not.
and at the end of the lease you'll have to put everything back otherwise they most of the time try to make you pay.. for breaking lease etc.. I'd also read your lease to make sure there is nothing in that could get you into a big cash trouble issue down the road.
what do you mean by "maintaining the springs"? i just got eibach lowering springs an now I'm afraid to install them. i thought you just install them an that's it? Is there something I am missing here? Plus what does "stancing" mean???

2,213 Posts
you have all those mods and your car is a lease?? yikes! a 2 inch drop on this car is alot! it barely has any ground clearence at all now. now you're risking bottoming out, ripping a hole in the oil pain, scrapping the undercarriage... and its a lease. IMO if i was going to lower it that much, i'd have steal reinforced plates installed underneath just for protection lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
what do you mean by "maintaining the springs"? i just got eibach lowering springs an now I'm afraid to install them. i thought you just install them an that's it? Is there something I am missing here? Plus what does "stancing" mean???
Hi there. I'm kinda curious if you were able to properly install the eibach lowering springs and what other things that you need in installing them. As you know, my brother just recently received his order of eibach lowering springs too and he is planning to install them by weekend. So I just thought any tips in installing them that you might want to share could be helpful to my brother. Did you also find out what stancing means?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Not sure were you got the word Maintanining from?:confused:

But yeah puting the springs in the car is easy.
You might have some camber/toe issues which a aligment shop will have to adjust for you.

again I don't think lowering a leased car is a good idea
Good luck with it

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Hi there. I'm kinda curious if you were able to properly install the eibach lowering springs and what other things that you need in installing them. As you know, my brother just recently received his order of eibach lowering springs too and he is planning to install them by weekend. So I just thought any tips in installing them that you might want to share could be helpful to my brother. Did you also find out what stancing means?
Elijah, search through the "Do It Yourself" or DIY section of the forum and there will be a thread on how to install the Eibach lowering springs. When people refer to stance on vehicles they just mean how the vehicle sits. Example: "I put the lowering springs on and it has a much more agressive stance now."

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
God...I thought he wanted to lower his potential lease payments....LOL....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I thought it was about lowering lease payments also. If he is planning to keep it then it makes sense to customize it/drop it- if he is going to hand it back in then doing all this is nonsense. When it's time to hand it in, all this customization may cost him more than it is worth.

As far as lowering- Eibach are the way to go and I think it's a little over an inch. I have them and no problems with clearance or anything. I think 2 inches might be pushing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts