Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little slide show documenting the evolution of "Blue Streak", from stock SX Sedan in October 2009 to the present.
Mods to date:
Front Lip, Rear Glass & Factory Trunk Spoilers, Fog Light Chrome Bezel & Tail Light Chrome Bezel (now removed), Turbo Kits CAI, Horn Replaced, Vibrant Strut Bar, Hood Lift Kit, Dual Exhaust, Audi Style LED Tail Lights & DRLs, 35% Tint, Custom Caliper Covers, ACE Alloy Manta Rims, Mirror Control Trim Ring, Flip Keyfob, LED Interior Lights.... and more to come!

YouTube - BigE's Forte - Blue Streak

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey looks great , Nice video too. No pics of the Strut mount LOL How do find the power change with the dual exhaust? Bet it sounds sweet!

Cheers maybe see you again call me next time your in Van.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
awsomeee! is that a custom dual or the JunBL one? Anywho, your "fort-eh" is looking amazing! I've always been a big fan of your car BigE! Keep on modding! :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have a short video of when I panned my camera under your car to show the exhaust setup. Need to convert it to a compressed format and somehow send it to you. I didn't really want to load it on my youtube since it isn't my car and I'll get a lot of questions about it.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here are some details on my exhaust install.

It's a DynaMax muffler for a new Camero which has an inlet/outlet on one end and just an outlet on the other and custom made piping and stainless steel tips from Solo Performance (T601-1L8 & T601-1R8).

Looking through the pictures you can see the installation process as well as the modifications I made to the diffuser. As you can see from the first picture, this is an SX model, I ordered in a diffuser for an EX and then used painters tape and a piece of cardboard to layout the cuts I wanted to make for the new tips. I cut the holes lower to start with and after the install I re-cut them to the size and shape I wanted and added the door trim to finish the opening. Then the shop did a final alignment of the tips for me.

Cost ('cause I know you're gonna ask, lol!):
Door Edge Guard $5 CAN. Canadian Tire
Diffuser $60 US. from eBay (Automotive APro)
Tips $150 CAN. delivered, from Solo Performance, Mississauga, Ontario.
Muffler, supplies and install $525 CAN. Jerry's Mufflers, Kelowna.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts