Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what I've done to date. I still have the Audi Style LED lights to install in the head lights and then I'm done for now.

I still want to add an intake and dual exhaust in the future as well as upgrading the speakers but this will do for now.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great. Is that folding key off eBay? If so how do you like it. I almost bought one but held off for some reason
Yes it's the one from Ebay for $20.12. The only problem I had was that the key blank that came with it was for the older style KIA which had wider shoulders and when the key cutter didn't do a good enough job cutting it down. The seller is sending me a new correct blank, but it was delayed because of holidays for the Chinese New Year.
Since I had to cut apart one of my keys to remove the chip anyway, I used the blank as a template and used a dremel tool to cut my old key to fit the key holder on the folding key assembly. Then you just move the circuit board from your existing remote to this new one, worked like a charm.

Folding Remote Key Case for KIA Soul Forte on eBay.ca (item 180481095604 end time 21-Mar-10 11:20:06 EDT)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I hate to copy.. but i'm totally buying the tail light trim & fog light trim.. did you get both of yours off ebay BigE?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Very Very Nice BigE. I have been collecting thinks for my EX for a while, and can't wait for nicer weather to start putting them on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The ride is looking real nice BigE. What's next on the list? I'm thinking now that you got the new wheels, painting your brake calipers would really add the final touch. Did you get the front lip spoiler off eBay? I was thinking of getting one for my Forte. How does it install on and is it secure or does it feel like it would come off in a car wash?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hate to copy.. but i'm totally buying the tail light trim & fog light trim.. did you get both of yours off ebay BigE?
Yep, right off Ebay. If anyone else is planning to put the chrome around the fog lights, a little tip. I noticed already after 1 winter the chrome is getting pitted, next time I would put a couple of coats of clear automotive lacquer on them before installing them.

09 10 Kia Forte Chrome Fog Light Lamp Trim 2 New Cerato on eBay.ca (item 170459837308 end time 22-Mar-10 20:40:16 EDT)

Kia All New Cerato Chrome Tail Light Lamp Cover 4 Forte on eBay.ca (item 180380452515 end time 05-Apr-10 23:03:22 EDT)

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The ride is looking real nice BigE. What's next on the list? I'm thinking now that you got the new wheels, painting your brake calipers would really add the final touch. Did you get the front lip spoiler off eBay? I was thinking of getting one for my Forte. How does it install on and is it secure or does it feel like it would come off in a car wash?
Yes it's the one off Ebay. It attaches first with 3m tape but it comes with 10 screws that secure it to bottom of the stock bumper. It's not going anywhere!:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes it's the one off Ebay. It attaches first with 3m tape but it comes with 10 screws that secure it to bottom of the stock bumper. It's not going anywhere!:D
How was the paint job, was it an exact match? Do you have to drill holes for the screws?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How was the paint job, was it an exact match? Do you have to drill holes for the screws?
This is the second item I got from this vendor, the other being the glass spoiler, and both times the color was a perfect match.

The only flaws were actually slight surface irregularities with the underlying urethane part.

Because you are just screwing into the bottom of your existing urethane bumper, you don't need any pre-drilling. Just get it lined up and held in position with the pre-installed 3m tape (extra hands would be an asset) then jack up the front end a bit (because you are screwing in from below) and use a power screwdriver, being careful not to go to fast and just snug the screws.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts