Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought or built a bike rack for their sedan. I was looking at installing a class III hitch so I can run a bike rack off the reciever. Canadian Tire sells them fairly cheap but before I buy i wanted to see what you guys have done.

any help or advise

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know the hitch just bolts onto the frame. The holes are already drilled. Its a simple process. Takes longer to find the holes and get the car high enough to put the hitch on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I previously had a VW Jetta with a spoiler, and I was still able to use a Thule Speedway 2 trunk mount bike carrier. It has a great range of adjustability so it will most likely fit your trunk if your spoiler is not tall. However, if you go the route of trunk mounted bike carrier i suggest wrapping the anchor hooks in something (i used electrical tape) because without it it did leave a small chip in the trunk lid, but with it wrapped, there was no issue. Even though; with the purchase of my Forte I gave the bike rack to my brother when I gave him the car because I am obsessive about the exterior appearance of my vehicles, and I did not want to risk a single scratch or chip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my Koup I installed a Curt Trailer Hitch is about $120 bucks The Swagman Bike rack about $100..I can can carry a Mountain bike,a road bike and a my V-Rex (Pictured below)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My older saris trunk rack I have fits fine. Going to a hitch mount saris rack in the spring. Saris does not have the koup listed as a fit on there site but if you call them directly they will inform you which trunk racks fit. Fit guide needs to be updated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.