Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my grill installed. Got it from ebay. It was 140 + shipping = 158 USD. I wanted the aluminum look not the powder coated, and i love it.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille Automotive exterior

Chopped up the emblem

Headlamp Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Light

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Kia forte koup Kia motors

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
you know what comes to mind when i see those grills?

the cylons from the original battlestar galactica.........
i am suprised that some fanboy somewhere around the world hasnt gotten a silver koup, those grills and the red LED 'knight rider' strip.......
(the singaporians do have the megatron)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know what comes to mind when i see those grills?

the cylons from the original battlestar galactica.........
i am suprised that some fanboy somewhere around the world hasnt gotten a silver koup, those grills and the red LED 'knight rider' strip.......
(the singaporians do have the megatron)

There is however one of the members here with a silver SX with this grill, so i say you should suggest the idea of the red led strip to him :D

Thnx for the compliments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
looks good man. i had thought about what it would look like with thatt aluminium look on the bottom grille and black on the top. i think it looks bangin on yours tho. good job

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There is however one of the members here with a silver SX with this grill, so i say you should suggest the idea of the red led strip to him :D

Thnx for the compliments
you are welcome-
as far as "suggesting"?
lol- i do a lot of searching on the webz and share my finds.........

i figure every one can pick and choose their own "poisons"
(as my singaporian friends say)

ps noodile.........
i keep getting reminded of "noodle" from "gorillaz"
i know i am damned forever-
however-
here is the link ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
thats not a gap. its part of the original gloss grille. the aluminium bars just go around it so it does kinda look like a gap

·
Registered
289 Posts
thats not a gap. its part of the original gloss grille. the aluminium bars just go around it so it does kinda look like a gap
Okay...I have a Sedan. I see it in the first picture. This must attach to the factory grill. Sort of an overlay. I love me some Billet!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks great!! I've been wanting to get that same grill but am not sure about cutting the original emblem out. If I end up wanting to take the billet grill back out, can I just buy the stock grill?? And does anyone know how much a stock grill would be??

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to cut the emblem off use a jig saw or a dremel. i tried to use a jig saw but i broke it, so i used a soldering iron (had to improvise). But a couple of weeks ago i took my grille in to get powder coated, so i took the oppurtunity to remove the rest of the honey comb using a dremel, and a small saw (from a swiss army knife). then cleaned up the edges with the sanding wheel

·
Registered
259 Posts
What exactly do you mean by removed the rest of the honeycomb? I think I bought the same grills you have from another member one here. From what I can tell they just sip tie on, at least that's how I mounted them, but that requires the honeycomb to have something to attach to. I'd love to remove the rest of it from mine, you can't really see it most of the time but it's still too visible to me.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Josh, i removed most of the honeycomb. the grille now attaches using the last "mounting points" i had to drill holes into the "closed" part of the honeycomb towards both ends to pass the zip ties.

and thanks everyone

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.