Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these on ebay. I considered getting them in black but decided to save some dough and not have them powered coated. I had planned on spraying them black myself but once I got them I thought they looked pretty good as is. I can always take them off later and paint them.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think it looks great!

The top has that gap, which I'm thinking is for the hood release?

Does have a real aggresive look :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
I like it too! It just goes right over the existing grill right? Looks good the way it is, don't paint it yet- see if someone on here can photoshop it black for you. It might look really good black, but for now I'd leave it... IMO

·
Registered
202 Posts
mmmmm it's good I like the bottom one better too,I like the stock top grill better but I like how the bottom looks alot tho

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah its an over lay. I had it custom made without the cutout for the badge. I had to cut the badge mounting out of the stock grill so there is no going back now.

The gap is not actually a gap. Its the stock grille...frame?

I photoshopped the black one. I just couldn't decided which I liked better. Once I go black I can't go back! So I am sporting the aluminum for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
I like the black, gives it a seamless look and hides any imperfections the grille may have. Or it could just be the shopped effect appearing that way.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh yeah, black is better!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
yes, im bringing a 2 month old thread back to life. i am expecting mine today, according to UPS, and im curious.... i know how to get the top grille out but the bottom is what im curious about. i know there are some of the members on here that have had this installed. did you do it yourself and if so, how did you get the bottom grille in? ive asked a friend of mine and he said that he pretty sure that its screwed into the bumper and that you have to take the whole bumper off but i want a second or third opinion on it haha def dont want to take the bumper of if i dont have to :)

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't take the stock grills off. This billet grills are an overlay style and you need the stock grill to attach the billet grill.

To get at the back side of the lower grill you do need to remove the 7 or so screws that are on the bottom of the bumper. You don't need to remove the entire bumper. For the top one you can remove some screws and then use the tennis ball method that someone had previously posted. Its a really tight fit but it is do-able.

To get the top grill on you have to saw off the emblem mounting; this part really fun. Lastly, the billet grills are really sharp on the edges be careful with it or you will scratch up the stock grills and possibly the paint.

Good luck! I can not wait to see it installed.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Behind the horizontal billet bars are vertical bars. You zip tie the billet grill to the stock grill by attaching the vertical bars to the honeycomb.

For the emblem mounting you just want to saw around it. If you dont get rid of it the grill wont lay flat on the stock grill. Don’t saw too much of the grill off; you’ll want it for structural integrity. If you want I can post a close up shot when I get out of work.

Once you get it it will make a little more sense. I know you can do it. I am a chick; I installed it all by myself and I didn’t even break a nail. :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
lol so if i cant do it, then im a giant baby! lol thanks hahahahaha and i was watching instal videos on youtube and i understand it now. i was assuming it was gunna be the whole thing. l didnt realize it was an overlay. i cant wait tho. its gunna look nice

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.