Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have these? im thinking about getting this. sure it's $400 but its quality parts. i dont wanna spray or tint my tails.

anyone have pics when the lights are off?

Korean Auto Imports

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
You realize it isn't really quality parts, its just OEM headlights tinted with a product similar to VHT nite-shades

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well.. they do look great ;)
if they painted them or whatever..
Of course if they did paint them then you could do this yourself for alot less money
just spend a weekend to pull apart and paint put back together.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh really? thanks noodile, rainyraven, and sinnah.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
oh really? thanks noodile, rainyraven, and sinnah.
My thought is:

If you have 400$ and wanna get them then i suggest you:

1) Tint your stock tail-lights with VHT nite-shades
2) Tint your stock tail-lights with vinyl (doesn't look as good as nite-shades)
*) if you F*** 'em up, you can buy LED tail lights from your dealership for around the same price.
3) Get your tail-lights professionally tinted at a (body shop with nite-shades)
4) or, get them tinted professionally at your local tint place with vinyl

·
Registered
645 Posts
*) if you F*** 'em up, you can buy LED tail lights from your dealership for around the same price.
At $1400,are you sure ?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah see, my tail lights look just like that... They are more than likely tinted. I wouldnt waste money and get those. Its a waste of money, go with the 11 leds like noodlie said. :)

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
If you're willing to spend $400 on those just go to a shop and have it done professionally on your own for less than half that price.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Yeah, you'll get that same effect if you tint your lights. Here are mine with 2 coats of tint. You could easily put an extra coat on the outer rim to give it more of the black bezel look.

Untitled by Shattered.Stars, on Flickr
I've been wanting to do this but never got the balls for it. (yes i would rather paint my headlights then tint my tails. we'lll see soon though. the only thing thats been stopping me is that a light coat of night shade looks really dark when you first do it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
its super easy to use VHT night shades i have an extra can and a can of clear ill send u for the price of shipping and if u fcuk up use brake cleaner and some elbow grease and it will come off... im going to re-do mine this spring cuz mine look like a flat black rather than glossy

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow, thanks everyone. thanks for the opinions. i wont get those $400 pieces since they are way overpriced but ill decide whether or not to do this. thanks again!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know some people dont like it but there is also the option of buying the precut tint sheets on ebay. Then if you dont like it you could always pull it off. They are pretty cheap too if I remember. I will see if I can find the link and edit this in a few.

hmm cant seem to find them right now... but i did see the 2011 koup factory led tails ... $700 ouch!

·
Registered
536 Posts
The reason I like the NightShades is because when you brake the light still appears as bright as it would without it on. With film it will cause a little bit of a loss of brake light!

And it's not hard...I did it on another car, and got it right the first time. The only thing I did wrong, well not even sure what happened is when I cleared them they came out filmy looking. Tried buffing it out but it never had that "glossy look".

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks, ill look into this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts