Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Use a wax that beads water really well and keeps beading for a long time(Zaino is exceptional) and garage it for your best chance. Our black Rav4 looks pretty good most of the time even though it's parked in the driveway thanks to the Zaino.

And take an interest and do it yourself, no one is going to care as much about your baby as you are.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, I use the Ice and it works great, I get pollen around here sometimes too and its even easy to see on my blue forte, just something you g2 live with, but try the ice, and id try doing it myself, you know you are going to be picky with it and that way it wont just be a 5-10 minute job!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Meguiers showtime..
after you wash you ride.. use the showtime spray the stuff is AMAZING, and should take care of your streak issue..

P.S don't wax you ride too many times in a few months wax build up will make it hard too keep clean IMO

Also I used the black box and did not find it too be my favoirte, I'd just go with Meguiers wax.. not too sound like I work for them lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
We used Turtle Wax Ice to maintain the deep shine on our black and dark blue Marauders. Be very sparing on the liquid and do small sections at a time to avoid streaks. Rarely waxed them, just ran through carwash and went home and iced them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice reflection!

In Tampa the pollen was bad too. Thank god it's about over. I just don't understand why anyone in their right mind who lives in FL would get a BLACK car in our FL sun! I think that's just insane, it's just too HOT and the heat has started all over again. I missed having a white car in between my last few. My new Forte is white and I'm sooooo glad with the heat here. Black is pretty if you can keep up with the washing and waxing. I wash my car all the time and black would drive me crazy. Everything that gets on it you see.
Agree 200%. I'm just North of Tampa and used to have a black car. Every time I opened the door, it felt like I was opening an oven. A/C had to work overtime too. Decided to go with a white forte and noticed it is WAY cooler. 20% tint all around and I think the contrast looks nice.

Now I just need rims.. but that wont be for a while.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.