Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
NICE! Definetly never thought of doing matte for a roof. I think matte doesn't get enough attention as it should. Looks REAL good man, nice work!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...I live in Miami had it done in Ft. Lauderdale at Car Wrap Solutions...they did an amazing job. I opted for a 3M film which is the newest on the market, has a UV protection and comes with a 5 year warranty on fading, this was my big concern. Total cost was $450.00.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks really good, but wouldn't paint cost about that much? I was thinking $200 or so but wow!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looks really good, but wouldn't paint cost about that much? I was thinking $200 or so but wow!!!
Probably and it'll last a lifetime. 3M vinyl can be purchased in a size large enough for the roof for $85 online. I'm going that route. There is another brand that offers thicker mil vinyl that runs a tad more at $90 or so for a piece large enough for the roof.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked into having it painted, but with labor the estimate was about $800.00, plus Im a little lazy, so just had someone else do it. I will post more pics, getting new wheels in the next couple of days..Thanks for all the compliments, Im a new Forte koup owner, glad to see just a great community.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I wish i knew a place in ct that does vinly wrap.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
The vinyl wrap looks great, especially on the white Koup! I'm just curious MiamiBeach, if you get a sharkfin antenna would you vinyl wrap that too lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably and it'll last a lifetime. 3M vinyl can be purchased in a size large enough for the roof for $85 online. I'm going that route. There is another brand that offers thicker mil vinyl that runs a tad more at $90 or so for a piece large enough for the roof.
If you do this yourself could you post a DIY or just the size of the vinyl you used for your roof? I have been considering this but not sure how to do it and everywhere I quoted is asking for $300..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts