Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the sake of creating one single thread, I'll just post all my mods here.

I'm sure many of you have thought about tinting your taillights. Heck, some of you might even have thought of tinting just the indicators and the reverse lights. Well I did, but I don't like the murdered out look too much (the deep black tint), and it wouldn't suit a black koup. I went out to Shinzomedia today, and got them to tint my tails and mirror indicators. Its tinted gunmetal just on the reverse lights and indicators (I hated the Super Bright Chrome White),

Pictures don't do it justice, To be honest, they look much better in person.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks good.......but I would like a closer look in person :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'll say it looks great in person. It was nice meeting up with you today.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll say it looks great in person. It was nice meeting up with you today.
Hey thanks Jamie. It was nice meeting you too, too bad you had to run n all. Maybe next time you'll get to hang around longer. Btw, speaking of which I put those GTAFK stickers on. They added like 45 WHP. Amazing isnt it? Im sure its the silver in them. But honestly, they look much better on the car :).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks really good!!! Something I've wanted to do for a while but just a hair darker than stock similar in what you have done
Hehe, thanks! :) Yeah I'm sure people have thought of this idea and have done it before me. I'll be replacing the turn signals with red LED most likely. But need some feedback if they actually emit more light than the stock ones I have now.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I got round to spraying my rear Kia Emblem today.

I used 400 Grit 3M Sandpaper to scuff out the chrome parts then washed (with soap). Then applied 3 coats (waited 5 mins in between coats). Then set to dry, and put them back on the car.

Its okay looking, I wanted more of a shine, but its not completely dull, it does have a shine to it. Maybe if I wax it, it'll show better :).

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Yeah it needs some gloss. I have been wanting to color match mine. Thanks for doing it first. Now with this visualization I should be able to finally decide if I want to do it.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I like the details you've added to the Koup.

I'm digging the badge too. I prefer its sheen right now. Not to shiny.
A lower gloss black gives it a unique appearance which tends to match the lower rear matt black diffuser on the Koups. I vote for leaving it as is or going more towards a matt finish (not completely matt though). This will also look great on your front badge as well due to the matt finish on the inner grille pattern.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i also like the matte black badges... keeps the KIA identity-but makes people look harder at trying to figure out what kind of car- lol

IMO- do the same thing w/the forte / koup badges and 'bam!'
(but the koup badge- leave that lil red accent :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya i agree. some gloss will do good
Yeah it needs some gloss. I have been wanting to color match mine. Thanks for doing it first. Now with this visualization I should be able to finally decide if I want to do it.
I wanted gloss, that was my initial idea, I do have clear coat in a pen, and have plenty of it, so anytime I can go back and add the clear coat, but really it blends in nice, its not 100% matte, I would say around 70% matte. It does shine when you wax. Glad I could help shattered..

I like the details you've added to the Koup.

I'm digging the badge too. I prefer its sheen right now. Not to shiny.
A lower gloss black gives it a unique appearance which tends to match the lower rear matt black diffuser on the Koups. I vote for leaving it as is or going more towards a matt finish (not completely matt though). This will also look great on your front badge as well due to the matt finish on the inner grille pattern.
Thanks! Nothing compared to yours. I love your ride :) Someday Ill get those R upgrades, my eyes are on them lol. Speaking of which they discontinued the Strut bar and the springs and the filter :(, both dixie and scarborough confirmed me today. I'll do the front tomorrow, getting tints done by pablo soon.

i also like the matte black badges... keeps the KIA identity-but makes people look harder at trying to figure out what kind of car- lol

IMO- do the same thing w/the forte / koup badges and 'bam!'
(but the koup badge- leave that lil red accent :)
Yeah I wanted to do the forte and koup too, but in time, when and If I do something about the chrome handles, if i keep the chrome handles, then ill leave both the emblems at the back chrome. It fits in.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I bet the emblem actually looks really good out in the sunlight. I think that the angle of the lighting in your garage makes it look too blue in the pics.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check out my garage...

I have color matched SX and 2.4 on my sedan.
I like ! :) Nice set of mods.

I bet the emblem actually looks really good out in the sunlight. I think that the angle of the lighting in your garage makes it look too blue in the pics.
Yep, looks better under sunlight, actually in a sunset, cause there's a orangish glow on it, looks awesome :).

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Speaking of which they discontinued the Strut bar and the springs and the filter :(, both dixie and scarborough confirmed me today. I'll do the front tomorrow, getting tints done by pablo soon.
Springs: there's a contact on my build thread that carries the now unofficial R spings that were ordered for Kia Canada. Northern Motorsports is the place.

Front Upper Strut bar: I know for a fact that there is plenty of stock of the unofficial R strut bars in Mississauga. Kia Canada's supplier (Vibrant Performance) has them all. I'll get the correct contact name/number and I'll post it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts