Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting my rims painted but not sure where. I have been seeing more and more people painting them black and it looks really good. Any advice?

·
Registered
7 Posts
all you need to do is take off the silver parts. its a plastic covering that can be removed. you need to take the whole rim off the car to get to the screws that hold the silver parts in place.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dalaseju, that's wat im trying to get. morrisz259 if i remove the silver would the rim be black on those parts or do i still need to get it painted.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It is black under the silver inserts. A lot of people have done this, including myself. It really makes it look like a different rim. I like it. Plus you get speed holes! ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
2fast, just need to remove the silver inserts. for that you will have to take each wheel out and undo the screws from inside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2fast like Deuce-Koup said its black under the silver inserts so you wouldnt have to paint it. however there will be the holes showing from where the screws that hold the silver part were.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it thanks. btw do the holes where the screws were show up alot and if they do how do I fill them in so it's not noticable?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never actually done it myself so I'm not sure how visible the holes are or how to fill the holes but I believe there are two or three screws for each silver input. I dont think that it will be very noticable but try it and find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.