Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around for black wheels for my Forte Sedan because I want to go with the all blacked out look. I love the rims on the Koup in the link I have posted but I have no idea where to get them. Im pretty sure thats a factory rim? If so does anybody know where I can get them. Also my forte has the stock 16 inch rims on it. Will upgrading to a bigger rim effect the handling badly?

Any stories or suggestions are greatly appricated!!

Thanks

Firefighter4

Kia forte koup rims image by chammock_photos on Photobucket

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Those are stock SX koup rims with the silver inserts taken off. Only 2 screws per insert hold them on the rim.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Well those rims don't seem to be on the '11 models in the US. You can get them from someone with a '10 Koup (or from someone in Canada).

Don't get these though. They look ok with the silver inserts taken off (which makes them all black) but they weren't meant to be all black.

If you really want them here is a link to get some new ones. Hubcap Haven: KIA Forte Wheel ALYFORKOU17 Silver/Black

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay

I just like the look of all black. But I get what your saying.
Anyone know about any wheels that are similar to those wheels?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
for an idea of rims go to carid.com do not buy there but they havea huge list that you can see and search. That is one site I was using to source the style I want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Black rims... or red?

I like your idea about blacking them out. I have a red SX Koup, Im thinking about spraying the gray inserts red and having the original black accented behind the inserts...

any theories on how this will look on a red SX?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Shattered *'s

Thanks for the link! I really like A"k"s red/black wheels... now im thinking about chroming the wheel and painting the inserts red...

either way the inserts look horrible gray on a red Koup!

J

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been checking those out for a while. Absolutely love them, and it won't break the bank. So far it looks like discount tire has been the cheapest.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I painted my wife's SX Koup wheel inserts Flat Black and added Red Reflective motorcycle wheel tape on the lip........You like?
First photo without flash......

Next photo with flash on........Looks pretty cool at night when people's headlights reflect off of them.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks,
I used the Flat Black to create some contrast between it and the shiny five-spokes, and I ordered the wheel tape off of eBay. Just do a search on eBay for Reflective motorcycle wheel stripe.
I have the same striping on my motorcycle and it's held up great for the last $20,000 miles.
New wheels for my truck are coming in a couple of weeks and I'm going to do those as well.......Then all 3 of our rides will match.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.