Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealer showed me how to set up the bluetooth to my blackberry when i picked my car up, however the next time i got in my car, she just started screaming at me "pairing fail pairing fail pairing fail pairing fail pairing fail"

my whole audio system was inoperable becuase this lady was yelling at me, and i couldnt do anything with my phone either becuase it was trying to connect to the car every 0.5 seconds.

i looked around for a solution, but didn't really find anything that worked, but after much tinkering around i think i have figured out the problem

i went in to the bluetooth options on my blackberry and found an option called "connect on power up: yes"

i changed this option to "no" and then went through the whole pairing process in the manual and have not had a problem since!

i guess she wants to take change and connect to the blackberry, not the other way around.

hopefully this helps at least one other person, because i was getting pretty frusterated!

let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I didn't have that particular problem, but I had troubles getting my BB to pair with my Koup, too...

Took probably about 4 or 5 pair-phone-"Connection Failed"-delete-phone-rinse-repeat cycles before it finally worked, but it's been bulletproof since then.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Most of the black berrys are not compatable with the blue tooth in all cars not only the kia's try and soft boot the phone, remove the battery for about 1 minute and reinstall and it sould pair and then work for some time but untill blackberry fixes the phones you will have to do this about once a month or when evey the phone stops working sorry i got this info from black berry through honda, they have the same problem!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got my BB and no problems , what so ever , it's amazing how the Koup repeats the names
the annoying part , it downloads address book everytime :mad:
but other then that , sweet

·
Registered
1 Posts
the dealer showed me how to set up the bluetooth to my blackberry when i picked my car up, however the next time i got in my car, she just started screaming at me "pairing fail pairing fail pairing fail pairing fail pairing fail"

my whole audio system was inoperable becuase this lady was yelling at me, and i couldnt do anything with my phone either becuase it was trying to connect to the car every 0.5 seconds.

i looked around for a solution, but didn't really find anything that worked, but after much tinkering around i think i have figured out the problem

i went in to the bluetooth options on my blackberry and found an option called "connect on power up: yes"

i changed this option to "no" and then went through the whole pairing process in the manual and have not had a problem since!

i guess she wants to take change and connect to the blackberry, not the other way around.

hopefully this helps at least one other person, because i was getting pretty frusterated!

let me know if you have any questions.
this message about pairing fail - changing the blackberry thing worked...but after my excitement all day - it did the *&^&*(@#$ pairing fail again. is there something else going on that you may have figured out?? im hoping tomorrow it will stick! thank you though, even if i was happy only for a day! it really made me smile :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Delete the setup and try again. It took me a few times to get it as well. No worries though it will work. I have a BB bold and the Razor, and they both work flawlessly..

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Along with the saying no to the connect on power up, also disable the encryption. You will need to delete everything and start over with the bluetooth pairing, but with these two options disabled, the system will work perfectly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
my BB Bold 9700 used to drop every time i parked the car.. after upgrading to OS6 now it will stay connected for 3-5 days but then it will fail and i have to re-pair - any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still have pairing issues, after possible several hundred repairing, several times a day even.. blackberry tourch. Any ideas guys? I have tried the encryption thingy as well as disable bluetooth on power up.. no differences. Is their an updated with bluetooth on kia as my phone is running latest BB update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
blackberry pairing failed

I have a kia forte 2013 yes a tthirteen and i get that paing message a lot how do you get bye that .?

·
Registered
2 Posts
this message about pairing fail - changing the blackberry thing worked...but after my excitement all day - it did the *&^&*(@#$ pairing fail again. is there something else going on that you may have figured out?? im hoping tomorrow it will stick! thank you though, even if i was happy only for a day! it really made me smile :)
i Have tryed the same thing and it did not work on blaclberry 9810 waht les can i do.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This is why RIM is tanking and will become epic fail lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Disable encryption on the Forte Koup device on the blackberry.

If you are using OS6, this should work with no issue.
On OS7, I have to re-pair once every month or so....

·
Registered
672 Posts
Shoulda bought an iPhone

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just glad that my Motorola Photon (Android) never has an issue. Sometimes I have to force the phone to connect for phone AND media... but that's when I forget to have bluetooth on on my device before I start my car. It always works perfect. I don't miss those days of my auxillary cable from my Sony Xplod deck at ALL. #TeamNoCords

·
Registered
425 Posts
someone explain to me how to get the car to do the "transfer complete" thing. i tried to turn off the auto sync etc. but i'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.