Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys im tryin to figure out whether i should paint my roof or just do it vinyl style... pros and cons of each? which would last longer?

I could get it painted for less than $200 and idk how much it costs to go the vinyl wrap.

also, a photoshop of what it looks like would be nice

thanks!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Paint is permanent and more expensive. But vinyl is cheaper and needs to be carefully taken car of... Personally I'm going the vinyl b/c its cheaper... But that's just me.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Get it painted!! Vinyl will cost you about the same (cost me 250$), it's hard to keep clean as it atract dust more, it's not as glossy as paint.
If you're sure you will like it, paint is the best. I'm thinking about removing my vinyl roof to paint mine!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
id go vinyl! Its temporary if you decide you dont like it. I tend to be a little indecisive so vinyl all the way lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah I also vote for paint, the vinyl if on the car for a long time won't look as good as paint, and 5 years from now it most likely start to crack and that stuff can be real hard to get off when its old and dry :(

So again paint lol,
Just make sure its what you want before you do it!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I don't think you should do either. Your car is red accent on red car and you should keep as much red as possible. But, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Here's a quote from Soar4Fun, i'm pretty sure his is Vinyl.

Mission Complete--John did an awesome Job! I get the spoiler put on tomorrow!
front view--

Rear View

And finally a preview of the spoiler (sitting on the car--installed tomorrow)

Let me know what the forte tribe thinks...

Here are the up close shots of the roof--The paint underneath is not harmed in this process.

Front View

Rear view

White was my first choice in colors (wanted the sedan). This would look awesome on the sedan as well!

Hey Folks--

Here are your answers...

Q: Cost
A: It was 120.00 installed at jdsdesignfactory.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go with a high quality, high gloss, vinyl. Will last and won't chip.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the way the black looks on the roof on soar's car but I want glossy.. Like i said I could probably get it painted for less than $200 with my connections :D

With his though, at least i can see what it looks like with the sunroof

·
Registered
102 Posts
PAINT ! i tried vinyl and didn't like it. It gets more hazy then paint would and that texas sun is horrible on our cars.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Paint will give the high gloss look that most would prefer, but if you not 100% committed then vinyl isn't permanent and better choice since price isn't really a factor since you have your connections.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
+1 for paint

Here's mine, this was done today. Not a red forte tought

DSC_1188 by maxymd77, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Not even close-PAINT!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts