Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure weather this is legal in Texas, although I see it all the time..I have a black Forte Koup and I want to go for the blackout appearance..whats the best route to go for the tail lights? spray, film, covers?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Personally I don't like the way covers look however I guess if it's illegal that would be best so you can take them off easily. I think film looks the best. Just my opinion. Either way you go post up pics.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I wouldn't do a spray just in case you need to remove it. I haven't been able to find any custom tint film or covers for the Koup yet but there is one on eBay for the sedan. I'm just gonna use film and cut it myself. Someone on one of these threads posted a youtube video for a DIY taillight tint job, you should check it out.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm not sure weather this is legal in Texas, although I see it all the time..I have a black Forte Koup and I want to go for the blackout appearance..whats the best route to go for the tail lights? spray, film, covers?
Hello fellow texas driver!! :D Glad to see another one! I see plenty of people with blacked out tailed lights. I'm going to get mine sprayed, but you can go whichever way you want. I don't see anyone get pulled over for blacked out taillights, only speeding. Lol!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured as much...Then again our cops tend to get bored. I'm not sure why route im going to go yet though.

·
Registered
708 Posts
whichever method you go .. just make sure you can see your brake lights when pressed and cops will have no reason to pull you over

·
Banned
23 Posts
I have both tints for my headlights and tail lights and haven't got pulled over yet. Its been about 2 months and no problems however when I had the spray on kind I was gettin pulled over left and right. The install was super easy with the tint and yes can be removed in less than 10 mins. Just incase any oe wants to know I got them off ebay!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Man, now i want to get my taillights tinted instead!!! Darn ebay doesnt have koup taillight tint though

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
my next plans for my car include the tail light tinting. keeping the headlights the same but the tail lights need it IMO.
definitely getting the ones off ebay that are like 10 dollars
I would do it myself with some window tint I have already, but why bother when idk if the tint i have is too dark, and i know the stuff on ebay looks pretty much perfect, plus i dont have to cut this stuff and risk messing up!

·
Registered
519 Posts
IMO nightshades is the best and gives the best quality... its a tint spray designed specifically for tail lights iv used it on my cars in the past... im just waiting for a day off to do it cuz it takes about 6 hrs total....

PS if i could figure out how to get my sig to show up when i post you could see the photoshop i did to show tinted tails

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thinking perhaps adding very light tint on headlights simply to protect and preserve the lenses (from yellowing over time and road debris). Tint can be removed easilly, correct?

·
Registered
519 Posts
even the night shades spray on can be easily removed with carb cleaner......

Can anyone tell me when my sig isnt workin?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I Tinted my Tailights

I finally got up enough courage to tint my Tail Lights with Nightshades spray, They look so much better, gone is that bright orange-red colour now its a darkish red. I only put 3 light coats on as I didn't want to go totally black and attract too much attention from the cops.
The photo's I took doesn't really show how dark they are but in reality they are quiet dark.
The first photo is just with the left light sprayed and last photo with both done .

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah about that, just got my first citation for the tint today.. no worries cause i live in NC and im registering the car through MO.. just have to get the plates in before i get pulled over 2 more times or its a ticket.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey marine43 and rpps. Both your cars are looking sweet btw!! I want to ask so both of you used nightshades spray? I def want to tint my tailights on my koup but want something that came come off easily and not damage my tailights if I have to take them off. Marine43 do you have any other pics so I can see your lights?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts