Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
hey marine43 and rpps. Both your cars are looking sweet btw!! I want to ask so both of you used nightshades spray? I def want to tint my tailights on my koup but want something that came come off easily and not damage my tailights if I have to take them off. Marine43 do you have any other pics so I can see your lights?
I used nightshades and was a bit hesitant but if your a bit unsure about doing it try doing 2 coats first and leave it for a few days if you want darker then try another 2 coats. I have no intention about taking mine off now as it looks much better than the red-orange look of the original lights now its a nice dark red.
I was taking the badges off the back of my car and used nail polish remover to take the glue off I tried the remover on a bit of nightshades overspray and it came off easy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ok cool, where do I go to get the nightshades spray? Also is it hard to get the tailights out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
film

i have a blk koup and i just went to the nearest tinting place and they blacked out my taillights headlights mirror lights and all reflectors with the film. i was worried about it pealing up at first but it has been 6 months now and they look perfect. i think film is the best choice and its removable

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have a blk koup and i just went to the nearest tinting place and they blacked out my taillights headlights mirror lights and all reflectors with the film. i was worried about it pealing up at first but it has been 6 months now and they look perfect. i think film is the best choice and its removable
I definitely agree that film is the best route in the case it needs to be removed. I was bored one afternoon, so I blacked out my tail light and it was a much more difficult task than I anticipated as I'm no pro at tinting. It looks great from about 10ft back but the close up final product it definitely a DYI. Because the lenses are not flat and are angular, there are a lot of bubbles and creases. If you're willing to pay the premium for a professional to do it and have the 100% satisfactory result, then pay the premium. If you don't have the cash but want the look, try it out, your results might be better than expected.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i did mine with film

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.